- Message from the President. Abu-Rmaileh, Sufian // Perspectives (TESOL Arabia);2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p3
The article offers the author's insights on the success of their organization with the effort made by his colleagues. The author thanked his colleagues from TESOL Arabia for their commitment in promoting professional development within the organization. The author also mentions the tireless...
- The Incredible Rightness of Belonging. Grossman, Jim // Perspectives on History;Jan2012, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p8
The article explains the importance of membership to the American Historical Association (AHA) for historians. The AHA advocates for the study of history, as seen by its work providing figures to the U.S. Congress for the national budget. It provides grants for the professional development of...
- Value of Membership. // Cost Engineering;Aug2003, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p4
Discusses the value of membership in associations and societies. Comparison between operating a business with and without association benefits; Enhancing professional growth; Career development and training; Access to information; Industry promotion and representation before the government.
- Orgs fund career development across industry. Cohen, David S. // Daily Variety;11/7/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 48, pA10
Reports on the funding of entertainment career development by organizations in Southern California. Support extended by the Academy Foundation for film preservation and education programs; Focus of the Entertainment Industry Development Corp. on workplace development; Fundin provided by the...
- Pressure Groups -- How Do They Influence Legal Change? Rees, Anne // Legaldate;Mar2009, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p2
The article discusses how pressure groups work. According to the "Macquarie Dictionary," a pressure group is a group in politics or business which attempts to protect or advance its own interests. It notes that such groups may lobby for change but similarly they may argue against proposed...
- Has the direct-action group ACT UP gone astray? Populi, Vox // Advocate;7/30/91, Issue 582, p98
Highlights the accomplishments and failures of the AIDS Coalition to Unleash Power (ACT UP). History of the group; Role in reforming the drug approval process; Allegations of corruption in the group's leadership.
- Proposed Changes to Farm Policy. // Corn & Soybean Digest Exclusive Insight;12/28/2011, p19
The article focuses on the role of the Joint Committee on Deficit Reduction in changes to farm programs in the U.S. in 2011. The changes proposed by commodity organizations and other advocacy groups would generate contributions to deficit reduction and offer a strong safety net for agriculture....
- NEW SECTION, DIVISION APPROVED. // Quality Progress;Jan2007, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p17
The article announces that the board of directors of American Society of Quality (ASQ) has approved two new member units. The Ambos Nogales Subsection, in Nogales, Mexico, has turned into Ambos Nogales Section 714. The former ASQ interest group, Lean Enterprise Forum, has become the Lean...
- Supply-Chain Inventory Meeting. S.R. // Logistics & Transport Focus;Dec99, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p63
Announces that the European Special Interest Group of the Institute of Logistics and Transport is liaising with some members of the European Parliament, developing relationships and planning meetings to discuss key logistics and transport issues.