Networks In a Dance-Off
- Webs' Final Answer: Reality. Schneider, Michael // Variety;11/08/99, Vol. 376 Issue 12, p27
Looks at the trend of featuring reality programs during primetime in the television industry in the United States. Types of programs classified as reality-based; Why television executives prefer reality programs; Factors that attract viewers to this genre; Image of reality programs to producers.
- OntheAir. Rice, Lynette; Keck, William // Entertainment Weekly;06/01/2001, Issue 598, p72
Presents updates on the television industry in the United States as of June 2001, such as the launching of several reality shows.
- TCA NOTES. Freeman, Michael // Electronic Media;7/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p30
Reports developments in television broadcasting in the United States as of July 2001. Broadcasting of reality programs by NBC; Launching of a drama program by Fox Broadcasting Co.; Impact of television programs on network revenues.
- Reality shows boost syndie independents. Pursell, Chris // Electronic Media;04/09/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p3
Reports on the success of United States independent television broadcasters in securing the necessary funding for airing their reality television programs. Factors attributing to the success of independent television broadcasters; Financial model utilized by independent broadcasters; Examples...
- Reality bites. Gay, Verne // Adweek Eastern Edition;5/28/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 22, pSR4
Reports on developments related to television broadcasting in the United States as of May 28, 2001. Television networks' development of reality television programs in response to the threat of a writers' strike; Television networks' plan to air the programs despite the cancellation of the...
- MARK BURNETT. Longwell, Todd // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/3/2001, Vol. 371 Issue 3, p18
Presents the views of reality television program producer Mark Burnett on economic, creative and technological conditions in the U.S. television industry. Career profile of Mark Burnett; Emergence of reality television programs; Difficulty of finances.
- Reeling in viewers hook, line... Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;01/08/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p1
Reports that WTVH is sponsoring a fishing derby reality television program in the United States on August 2001. Grand prize in the fishing derby; Expected number of individuals who will participate in the contest; Registration fee for participants.
- Cable Sizzles With Summer Ratings Hits. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;6/30/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p1
Over the years, cable in the U.S. has capitalized during warm-weather months, trotting out fresh original series, movies and specials, while broadcasters have largely been flooding airwaves with countless reruns, as of June 2003. That's a combination that has conditioned viewers to turn to...
- Reality Retains Viewers. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;6/24/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 25, p5
Deals with the strategy of television networks in the U.S. to launch original reality programming to serve as alternatives to their scripted shows. Objective of the strategy; Examples of original reality programs launched by different networks.