- Mergers Roil the MSO Web-Site World. Kramer, Staci D. // Multichannel News;05/15/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p58
Discusses the effects of consolidation moves taken by telecommunications companies on the Internet landscape for United States cable operators. Changes in the content updates and touch ups of sites; Added services offered so consumers will feel comfortable with the sites; Decision of some sites...
- Giving the cable industry something to gush about. Wallace, David J. // America's Network;2/15/95, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p36
Profiles Comcast Corp., a cable television company based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Segments of the telecommunication industry which Comcast is involved in; Comcast Metrophone as a cellular operator owned by the company; Business and management strategies used; Marketing; Joint ventures...
- Comcast's thePlatform reaches for cloud with Virtual TV Framework. // CED;Oct2013, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p31
The article reports that Comcast Corp.'s thePlatform has launched its Virtual TV Framework, which allows cable service providers to replicate their 24-hour, live, linear programming and video on demand (VOD) television services via the cloud.
- Comcast to start new minority-owned cable channels. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;2/29/2012, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p4
The article reports that Comcast Corp. has announced the launch of its four minority-owned networks for its cable-television systems.
- C3 stepping out with a capital idea. Flint, Joe // Variety;03/17/97, Vol. 366 Issue 7, p25
Looks at developments concerning cable firm Comcast Corp.'s programming division Comcast Content and Communication (CCC) in the United States. CCC as majority owner of cable network E! Entertainment Television; Rich Frank as chairman of CCC; Structuring of CCC as a venture capital firm; Ability...
- Comcast faces service hassles in Detroit. Estrella, Joe // Multichannel News;01/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the problems being faced by Comcast Corp. in Detroit, Michigan. Service problems and possible financial penalties; Default on service standards on cable franchise.
- Comcast Rolls Back Into South Florida. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);3/10/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p22
Focuses on the service launched by cable company Comcast in Florida. Information on a party held by Comcast to impress its employees; Background on the cable system launched by the company; Future plans of the company. INSET: MEET THE OPERATOR.
- Digital Drives Comcast's Cash-Flow Gains. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;03/05/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p35
Reports on financial performance of Comcast Corp. for the fourth quarter of 2000. Increase in the company's cash flow due to growth in digital cable and high-speed data subscribers; Rise in cable-division revenue; Number of digital-video customers that were added during the period.
- Tyros ready for carriage rides. Littleton, Cynthia; Graser, Marc // Variety;1/31/2011, Vol. 421 Issue 11, p38
The article reports on a government mandated measure in order to approve of the merger between Comcast, a cable television operator, and NBC-Universal, a television and entertainment conglomerate, that requires the establishment of minority-owned independent cable television stations within the...