- IT WOULD BE NICE. Efforts, Steve // CableFAX Daily;11/23/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 228, p4
The article discusses the possible impact of digital transition on the television industry in the U.S. It is essential to let people understand the new services that television networks are offering and make them comfortable with watching television in a different way. Some networks are adding a...
- Battle stations. Tilles, Daniel // Adweek Western Edition;5/20/96, Vol. 46 Issue 21, p37
Focuses on the efforts of free and pay-television providers in Europe to compete in the digital television market. Companies' equity stakes in their corporate rivals; Estimated value of the pay television industry; Impact of high-quality digital television on free pan-European television...
- UNIVERSAL GOES DIGITAL IN JAPAN. Reifsteck, Greg // Daily Variety;12/28/2000, Vol. 270 Issue 19, p10
Reports that Universal Studios Networks has received a license to broadcast digital channels in Japan.
- Spain's digital rumble. Hopewell, John; Wiliams, Michael // Variety;12/01/97, Vol. 369 Issue 4, p46
Discloses the industry feedback to the pact between digital operators CanalSatellite Digital (CSD) and Via Digital to share pay-per-view (PPV) rights to Spanish soccer games. First step in a merger of the country's two digital platforms; Optimism for the development of a common interface for...
- Canada launching all-reality channel. Ingrassia, Joanne // Electronic Media;09/11/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p16
Reports plans of U8TV network to offer actual programming in the Internet in Canada. Efforts to elevate voyeurism in the television shows; List of entertainment, information and lifestyle shows to be aired by the network; Provision of sponsorship, product-placement and electronic commerce...
- Salisbury Stakes. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;8/18/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 32, p36
The article reports that the use of high technology has helped television station WBOC in Salisbury, Maryland, to compete with bigger U.S. markets. It is stated that the strategy of WBOC has been to take a big market approach towards the coverage of local news. WBOC was one of the first...
- PBS CONTINUES ITS TECHNOLOGY LEADERSHIP WITH DTV. // Broadcasting & Cable;Mar/APr2005 Supp PBS, p15
Focuses on the success of television network Public Broadcasting System in offering digital television broadcasts (DTV) in the U.S. Types of programming offered by the network when it first offered DTV in November 1998; Deals entered by the network with cable operators for its DTV programming;...
- WB GETS DIGITAL PICKUP FROM CBS. Kirchen, Rich // MediaWeek;01/29/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p14
Deals with the television digital multicasting of WISC-TV station in the United States on January 4, 2001. Information on the channels featured by WISC-TV; Benefits of using the digital television technology; How the network signal of WB network will be beamed through cable.
- CBS2: Network in the Works. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;10/10/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 41, p4
Focuses on the plans of the CBS cable network to offer digital multicasting that would be entertainment-oriented. Total number of cable households where the service will be delivered.
- BRIEFS. // TVB Europe;Sep2000, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p3
Presents news briefs related to digital television in Europe as of September 2000. Highlights of the opening of the Conformance Test Centre of the Digital Television Group in Great Britain; Technological enhancements used by Sky Sports for all its live sports programming.