GOOGLE BACK TO 'WHITE SPACE'
- ATSC Agenda Includes 3.0, Spectrum Auctions. O'Neal, James // TV Technology;5/29/2013, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p6
The article focuses on the Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) 3.0 broadcast television standard and the 2014 broadcast spectrum auction, which were discussed at the annual meeting of ATSC in Washington, D.C. in the year 2013. According to William Lake, chief of the Media Bureau of the...
- Auction Issues Still Remain. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;11/2/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 38, p22
The article reports on the few remaining bidders for television (TV) stations in the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) broadcast incentive auction as of November 2, 2015. It states that pending issues, lawsuits, and petitions to reconsider FCC decisions have yet to be resolved. Topics...
- At the Portals:. // CableFAX Daily;7/17/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 136, p2
Reports on the deadline set by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for incomplete filers for the wireless spectrum auction to amend their applications. Cable television operators and potential bidders who have to fix their applications; Preparation of the FCC for a program review.
- NAB Asks FCC To Rethink Repack. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;9/21/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 32, p10
The article focuses on the request made by the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) for the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to reconsider its decision to repack television stations (TV) into the duplex gap. It mentions the plan of FCC to repack TV stations after an incentive...
- FCC Faces Slate Of Auction Issues. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;7/13/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 25, p20
The article reports on the challenges faced by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in creating rules for the incentive auctions for broadcasters in July 2015. Topics discussed include the implication of the FCC's decision not to provide any channel reservation for noncommercial...
- NAB's Spectrum of Problems. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;5/19/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 19, p30
The article looks into the problems facing the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) relating to the broadcast incentive auction framework introduced by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Issues discussed are the FCC's method for calculating television station coverage areas,...
- Full Steam Ahead. BUTTS, TOM // TV Technology;10/17/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 22, p4
The article offers information regarding incentive auctions for reclaiming spectrum by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
- Auctioning Airwaves. MCADAMS, DEBORAH D. // TV Technology;10/17/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 22, p6
The article offers author's views on the auction plans for television channels by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
- COME SALE AWAY. McClintock, Pamela // Variety;4/15/2002, Vol. 386 Issue 9, p8
Focuses on the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's 2002 auction of analog frequencies used in television station broadcasting. Stance taken by Thomas Wheeler of Cellular Telecom & Internet Association on the auction; Comments from Lowell Paxson of Pax TV on the refusal of FCC to delay the...