BIG IDEAS, SMALL SCREEN
- BRIEF. // Cable World (10427228);4/22/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p34
Presents news briefs on cable television in the U.S. as of April 22, 2002. Carriage agreement between Fine Living and National cable Television Cooperative; Decision of Bravo to dedicate the entire month of May 2002 to programming about Broadway theater.
- New Nets Take Field During National Show. Applebaum, Simon; Moss, Linda; Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/9/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p6
The article focuses on the National Show, an annual event of the U.S. cable broadcasting industry, to be held at Chicago, Illinois, in June 2003. The event will see an increase in the number of new cable network companies. The independent, general-entertainment service is currently negotiating...
- Our town. Larson, Megan // Adweek Eastern Edition;6/14/1999, Vol. 40 Issue 24, p34
Discusses how regional cable news networks compete with broadcast television networks in the United States. NY1 News as a source for the national network television drama series `NYPD Blue'; Audience share of local broadcast news; Flexibility offered by regional news networks; Strategies for...
- ITV reveals new winter schedule. Yates, Karen // Campaign;11/27/98, Issue 48, p5
Focuses on winter air-time schedule of ITV in 1998. Focus of ITV schedule for winter season; Comedy and drama programs of ITV; Comments from Dave King, broadcast director of Carat.
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);6/10/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p24
Reports on various issues related to cable television in the U.S. as of June 10, 2003. Primetime programming of CNBC; Wimbledon 2002 coverage by Turner Network Television and CNNfn; Contract renewal for the series 'Queer As Folk.'
- Sex and Marketing. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;6/23/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 25, p18
The article reports on the marketing strategy implemented by cable television network HBO for the launch of the program 'Sex and the City.' From way back, HBO spent heavily on marketing, figuring it was hard enough to get people to pay for basic television and a real leap to have them pay even...
- Sony India gets real. // Daily Variety;01/31/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 43, p16
Reports on plans by Sony Entertainment Television India to concentrate on reality shows. Company's launch of the game show 'Jeeto Chappar Phaad Ke' with a 17-million-dollar budget; Introduction of the reality series 'Survivor' to the local market.
- Salad Days. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;10/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p8A
Focuses on daytime programming of cable networks in the U.S. Factors that created a television audience during the daytime; Kinds of shows being presented by cable networks during daytime; Daytime ratings of the cable television industry from, September 23, 2002 to August 24, 2003.
- Cable Nets Offer Super Alternatives. Umsted, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;1/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p54
Reports that U.S. cable television networks will offer non-sports fans a series of films, specials and events programmed against the CBS telecast of the Super Bowl game on February 1, 2004. Impact of counter-programming efforts on Super Bowl viewership; Networks involved in the move; Shows...