BUCKING AD TREND
- Ad Spend Dips, But Cable Sees Upticks. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;9/17/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 37, p44
The article reports that the cable television industry has experienced an increase in advertising in the first half of 2007. According to the author, the industry registered a 2.8 percent increase despite a decline in total advertising expenditures. TNS Media Intelligence revealed that...
- MSOs spiff up their images, boost service. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;09/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p30
Focuses on the effort of multiple system operators in the United States' cable broadcasting industry to advertise their products effectively. Reference to the amount of money spent by cable operators in advertising; Comments from Ray Katz, analyst at Bear Stearns company; Reference to the...
- $14 bil upfronts offer hope. Phillips, Braden // Variety;7/29/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 10, pA2
Reports on the recovery of television (TV) networks and the cable TV advertising market. Revenue of networks in 2000; Amount of losses in 2001; Factors that contributed to the recovery.
- TBS BUNNY HOPS TO IT FOR SPONSOR. Newbery, Charles; Sutter, Mary // Variety;6/17/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 5, p20
Reports on the addition of Quicky rabbit animated commercial to Cartoon Network Latin America. Features of the animated commercial; Decrease in advertising spending on pay television in Argentina; Forecast on overall advertisement spending in Argentina in 2002.
- Cable Scatter Is Hard To Deduce. Bergantini-Grillo, Jean // Broadcasting & Cable;9/15/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 37, p22
Reports on the expected increase in cable network spot spending in the U.S. in the third and fourth quarters of 2003. Percentage of increase in spot spending; Remarks from MediaVest director Gibbs Haljun on the issue.
- THE CMO'S GUIDE TO THE 2014 TV UPFRONTS. Poggi, Jeanine // Advertising Age;5/12/2014, Vol. 85 Issue 11, p24
The article presents forecasting on the 2014 television upfronts, the advanced sales of television and cable television advertising for the 2014-2015 television season. Forecasts that advertising rates will increase by as much as seven percent for broadcast and five percent for cable advertising...
- Digital buyers step into upfront rumble. Atkinson, Claire; Klaassen, Abbey; Macarthur, Kate // Advertising Age;3/13/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 11, p1
The article discusses the impact of digital media on the efforts of broadcast and cable television companies to secure advertising budgets. Providers try to promote that their programming is now available in a variety of new media formats. The competition is over whether some portion of digital...
- Cable's 2003 Take: $12.7 Billion. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;3/15/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p28
Presents the contents of the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau's 2003 analysis of spending data from the StraDegy unit of TNS Media Intelligence/CMR. Amount spent by advertisers on cable-network advertising; Decrease in the advertisement spending share of broadcast television; Top-spending...
- Cable Clutter on the Rise. Bachman, Katy // MediaWeek;9/15/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 33, p5
Presents information on a report from Court TV concerning the broadcasting of commercials and non-program messages during prime-time hours by U.S. cable and broadcast networks, as of September 2003. Average time of commercial clutter during a prime-time hour; Impact of clutters on negotiations...