ESPN CASTS 'MAGIC' SPELL
- TRIBECA SCORES SPIKE'S 'KOBE' Hayes, Dade // Daily Variety;3/18/2009, Vol. 302 Issue 53, p3
The article reports that "Kobe Doin' Work, a telepic of a day in the life of National Basketball Association (NBA) star Kobe Bryant, directed by Spike Lee will be shown during the Tribeca Film Festival. It states that the April 25, 2009 bow is part of the ESPN Sports Film Festival. Moreover,...
- Stations Set to Tackle ESPN. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;7/27/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 29, p6
The article reports on the launch of ESPN local sites on New York, Los Angeles and Dallas. It notes that the newly launched stations will features ESPN's iconic SportsCenter and ESPN.com. It states that ESPN is hiring about a dozen of staffers for the sites. Moreover, it mentions that the...
- FALL'S FAVORITES. // Multichannel News;10/8/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 39, p14
The article lists the most viewed television networks in the U.S. for September 2012 which includes ESPN, USA Network and MTV Networks.
- ESPN Monday Night Football. // Campaign (UK);9/2/2011, Issue 35, p6
The article reports on the advertisement of ESPN intended to promote its Monday-night American football coverage.
- Go to These. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/13/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 19, p3
The article offers updates on several television and entertainment programs from various cable television networks in the U.S. in 2013 including ESPN, NBC and CBS.
- The telefilm continues its long, slow descent. Richmond, Ray // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/16/2007, Vol. 397 Issue 44, p15
The article presents information related to made-for-television films. During 1980s, the genre ruled the television industry with hundreds of such films produced and aired by various television networks including ABC, NBC and CBS each year. They documented every disease, every spousal abuse...
- ESPN PLANS DOCU TUESDAYS. Levine, Stuart // Daily Variety;4/3/2008, Vol. 298 Issue 62, p3
The article reports on the plans of ESPN to designate Tuesdays as movie nights as they prepare for their full-length documentaries which will be aired at their sister network ESPN2. Their lineup is part of the ESPN Films initiative that launched in March 2008 with "Black Magic." Other coming...
- HIGH NOTES. Watson, R. T. // Hollywood Reporter;4/7/2010, Vol. 414 Issue 6, p22
The article reports on several television networks which are inclined to produce musical telefilms aim at teenagers and kids in the U.S., such as Walt Disney Productions, Nickelodeon Studios Florida, and MarVista Entertainment Inc.
- GLOBAL GOAL. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;7/20/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 28, p10
The article reports on the move of ESPN and Univision Communications Inc. to prepare a blowout of shows, documentaries and specials leading to the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. It states that ESPN is lining up interviews with all 46 of the living players who have scored in the World Cup finals...