Hallmark Eyes $250M In '08
- HBO enters a growing Korean cable market. Alford, Christopher // Variety;10/02/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 7, p48
Reports on the resurgence of the cable television industry in South Korea after the country's economic crisis in 1998. Launching of HBO Korea on October 2, 2000; Limitation on foreign investment in broadcasting; Penetration rates of cable televisions in affluent areas.
- Our Town. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;06/14/99, Vol. 9 Issue 24, Cable p34
Emphasizes the advantages of regional cable news networks over local cable news networks. Proof that the demand for regional cable news network is growing; Overview of the situation at New York 1 News cable network; Discussion and analysis of the trend.
- Station Problems for Azteca. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;7/2/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 27, p7
Reports on the series of distribution setbacks encountered by Azteca America, a Hispanic television (TV) broadcast network, that could delay the network from getting on the air. Information on Azteca's agreement to acquire KXTX-TV in Dallas, Texas; Impact of Univision's acquisition of TV outlets...
- In-your-face music. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;06/11/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 24, pSR8
Reports on the competition between cable television networks MTV2 and MuchMusic USA, which target Web-savvy viewers. Details on the program lineup of MuchMusic; Information on MTV2 show `Control Freak'; Comparison of the number of households reached by the networks.
- TCI restores VH1, MTV. Bambarger, Bradley // Billboard;02/01/97, Vol. 109 Issue 5, p84
Reports that cable television provider Tele-Communications Inc. (TCI) bowed to pressure and decided to return cable music channels VH1 and MTV to the air in Denver, Colorado and other markets. Background on TCI's pulling of the stations in December 1996; Protests from Viacom, artists and...
- Pay cabler Flix tries new tricks. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;08/30/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 62, p5
Reports that cable television network Flix!, a subsidiary of Showtime, has revamped its on-air appearance and scheduling strategy and signed an affiliation deal with Comcast Cable.
- CNN to run pubcaster. // Daily Variety;08/09/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 46, p11
Reports on broadcaster Doordarshan's deal with Cable News Network (CNN) for international carriage of the pubcaster's signal in India.
- No News is not always good news. Bentley, Stephanie // Marketing Week;6/10/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p16
Investigates the decline in ITV cable television network's peaktime share of television viewing in England for the period from March 8 to May 16, 1999. Factors contributing to the decline; ITV's audience figures for its original news programs.
- Russian channel switches. // Advertising Age's Euromarketing;10/0196, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p2
Focuses on an announcement by Igor Malashenko, president of the Russian network NTV, pertaining to the company's plans to launch four satellite channels despite its decision to cancel its all-news and all-music channels proposal. Types of programs to be featured on channels; Alternative plans...