Fox Net Mining 'True Blue' Tales
- Fox's sporting chance. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;07/12/99, Vol. 129 Issue 29, p23
Focuses on United States-based sports cable television network Fox Sports Net. Network as subsidiary of News Corp.; Network's goal of competing with and surpassing rival ESPN.
- Rockies Stay With Fox Sports Net. Umstead, R. Thomas; Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;7/12/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p67
Reports on the extension of the cable rights deal of Fox Sports Net (FSN) with the Colorado Rockies baseball team through 2014. Television ratings of Rockies games; Reason for the decision of Colorado Rockies chairman Charlie Monfort to extend its cable rights with FSN than to migrate to...
- Stellar seasons score ratings for fox sports. Suttell, Scott // Crain's Cleveland Business;03/29/99, Vol. 20 Issue 13, pT-23
Focuses on the cable television coverage contract between the Cleveland, Ohio-based Cleveland Indians baseball team and cable television network Fox Sports Ohio, a division of Rainbow Media Holdings. Ratings performance of television coverage of Cleveland Indians games.
- Mets Take Swing At Regional Net Of Their Own. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/7/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p1
Reports on a tentative plan of the baseball team New York Mets to launch a channel as of June 7, 2003. Impact of New York-area cable operators on the plan of New York Mets; Details of the move of the Major League Baseball club to exercise an option under its 1996 rights agreement with Madison...
- Yanks pitch sports net. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;07/24/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 31, p15
Reports on the New York City-based New York Yankees baseball team's plan to launch a cable television sports network as of July 24, 2000. Television rights holder Madison Square Garden Network's lawsuit seeking to prevent the launch of the cable television network.
- YANKEES TO SUPPORT OWN NET. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;6/25/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 16, p2
Reports on the New York Yankees' decision to walk away from a deal with the Madison Square Garden Network in order to create a regional sports television network starting in 2002. Projected revenues of the baseball team from the airing of its games on cable television; Other teams under...
- VALUE OF THE GAME. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p1B
Examines the relationship between sporting events and the cable industry and the high level of influence each has on the other. Domination of cable or broadcast networks in telecast rights of major U.S. sports; Consistent viewership ratings enjoyed by sporting events; High costs of acquisition...
- Cox Tips Hornets-Centered Net In N'awlins. Umstead, R Thomas // Multichannel News;10/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p14
Reports on deals of the regional sports network Cox Sports Television, slated to launch on October 28, 2002 with several television networks. Terms of the agreement of the network with the ESPN channel to provide college-sports events and news programming; Plans of the network regarding its...
- Cable bases loading up with new sports webs. Richmond, Ray // Variety;10/14/96, Vol. 364 Issue 11, p39
Reports on developments related to cable television in the United States as of October 14, 1996. Cable networks' launch of sports news channels; Background on the market for sports news channels; Market observers' comments.