NCTA Sets New Orleans Agenda
- Confab explores implications of broadband. Grillo, Jean Bergantini // Daily Variety;06/08/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 5, pA1
Focuses on Cable 2001, the 50th annual conference of cable programmers and technicians, held in June 2001 in Chicago, Illinois. Organization of the event by the National Cable and Telecommunications Association (NCTA); Event's focus on broadband communications; Examination of issues relating to...
- Scrambling to reassure cable. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;10/11/99, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p24
Reports on the plan of manufacturers during the Western Show to show cable operators developments in cable-ready digital equipment. Focus on security and content protection; National Cable Television Association's appeal on the Federal Communications Commission's deadline for scrambler...
- `Do I have to go to New Orleans again?'. Krapf, Eric // America's Network;5/15/94, Vol. 98 Issue 10, p46
Reports on the 1994 convention of the National Cable Television Association held on May 22-25, 1994 at the Ernest N. Memorial Center in Ne Orleans. Seminars; Technical sessions; Exhibitors; General sessions.
- Local flavor at NCTA. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;04/20/98, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p2
Focuses on the pre-registration of the National Cable Television Association's 1998 National Cable Show which is scheduled for Atlanta, Georgia. Comparison of 1998 pre-registration with 1997; Indication that delegates are likely to register on-site via cable-related companies; Comments made by...
- Lack of space crowds out new cable entries. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/30/94 - 6/6/94, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p34
Reports on the National Cable Television Association's 1994 convention in New Orleans, Louisiana. Government regulations discouraging cable television operators from adding channels.
- NCTA outlines L.A. meeting. Katz, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;4/8/96, Vol. 126 Issue 15, p49
Reports that the National Cable Television Association's 45th convention will be held April 28-May 1, 1996 in Los Angeles, California. Focus of the convention; Projected patrons; Names of some of the sessions featured; Turner Broadcasting chief executive officer, Ted Turner's role at the...
- MSNBC readies pitch. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/8/96, Vol. 126 Issue 15, p89
Reports that MSNBC cable network is expected to give program details to cable system operators in the United States before the National Cable Television Association's April 28-May 1, 1996 meeting. Name of MSNBC anchor; Hire made by NBC rival, ABC News.
- Sessions scrapped. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/03/97, Vol. 127 Issue 9, p14
Reports on the National Cable Television Association's decision not to feature a discussion on how satellite and cable companies can work together during its March 1997 convention.
- Rethinking Show Biz. Paskowski, Marianne // Multichannel News;8/20/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 34, p44
Focuses on the preparations made by the National Cable and Telecommunications Association for the 2001 National Show in New Orleans, Louisiana. Deadline for confirmation of exhibit space; Efforts of the organization in recruiting more exhibitors to the event; Association's plans of forming its...