A New Look at Foam
- Light in the Dark Continent. Ballantyne, Bill // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;3/ 1/2011, p4
The article offers the author's insights on the benefits of implementing foam and compressed-air foam systems. The author relates the foam education he conducted in fore departments in South Africa with former Johannesburg fire chief and a Nigerian government official. He believes on the...
- Guidelines for selecting Class A foam. Powell, Karen // Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2003 Supplement, Vol. 47, p9
Provides guidelines to firefighters on selecting Class A foam product. Characteristics of an ideal Class A foam product; Criteria for selecting a Class A foam; Importance of the approval of the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Forest Service.
- Fire-stopping range. // Fire Safety Engineering;Sep2004, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p34
The article presents information about the new products related to fire prevention. Promat UK Ltd. has launched a premium range of fire-stopping materials, Promaseal is said to provide designers, specifiers, contractors and building occupiers with a comprehensive, cost effective solution to...
- 2010 BUYERS' GUIDE. // Fire Chief;Feb2011, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p52
The article presents a list of products and services related to fire fighting including safety equipment, incident command systems, and crash rescue apparatus.
- Goo fighters. Perritano, John // Current Science;3/3/2000, Vol. 85 Issue 12, p8
Reports the discovery of turning polymers called sodium polyacrylate found in disposable diapers into a barricade against fire in Florida. Use of the chemical in the invention of a sticky, gel-like substance in a fire-resistant ooze; History of the invention; Structural definition of polymers;...
- Products. Services. Media. // Fire Engineering;May96, Vol. 149 Issue 5, p85
Presents several products, services and media concerning firefighters. Includes Dispatch Automation Inc.'s RIMS for Windows version 7.0 computer-aided dispatch and records management system; Freightliner Corp.'s high-roof extended cab; Gemtor Inc.'s 959 full-body harness.
- Fire Engineering apparatus showcase. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Oct96 Supplement Apparatus, Vol. 149 Issue 10, p1
Presents products and equipment for fire prevention and control. Includes the S&S Fire Apparatus tanker; Angus Brass Style 10 incoming gated relief valve; 3-D Manufacturing rescue truck designed by Wisconsin's Poynette-Dekorra Fire Department; Swiftwater titanium wet suit from CMC Rescue;...
- CE-Marked extinguishers. // Fire Safety Engineering;Jul2002, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p27
Introduces the CE-Marked portable fire extinguishers from Kidde Fire Protection Services. Applications of the extinguishers; Key features.
- Hot Choices, Cool Products. Frank, Suzanne L. // Buildings;Oct2000, Vol. 94 Issue 10, p60
Covers information on several fire protection systems for buildings as of October 2000. Description of the SLR-835B baseless photoelectric smoke detector; Introduction of the photoluminescent safety markings; Features of the metal Manual Fire Alarm from Siemens.