Bluetooth on its Way
- Jabra LCD Bluetooth Headset. Schloss, David // Photo District News;Apr2005, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p68
Presents information on the Jabra BT800 Bluetooth headset.
- Wireless Headset Matches Most Cellphones. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;7/23/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p40
Introduces the Avant, a hands-free wireless headset and speakerphone system of Axyys in Los Angeles, California. Usability of the headset; Features of the equipment; Power consumption of the device.
- Enjoy the Silence. // Mobile Beat;Nov2015, Issue 166, p8
The article offers information on the use of Silent Disco's wireless headphone solution at the "Welcome to Las Vegas" party in 2016.
- SHORT TAKES. // Wireless Week;3/8/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p30
Presents an update on wireless communication sector as of March 2003. Purchase of Anite's Global Certification Forum-validated 3GPP test cases by InterDigital Communications Corp.; Contract awarded to Klein Electronics; Agreement of RealNetworks Inc. with Ericsson.
- Claire Bailey. MULHOLLAND, JESSICA B. // Government Technology;Mar2011, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p20
The article focuses on Claire Bailey, chief technology officer (CTO) of Arkansas who launched the 700/800 megahertz Arkansas Wireless Information Network (AWIN) that eliminated stovepipes that existed among public safety agencies and jurisdictions.
- Executive decision. Jetter, R.A. // Mobile Radio Technology;Nov2002, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p28
Reports on the public safety applications of Colorado's wireless interoperability communication system. Government funding of the system; Problems encountered by law enforcement agencies with previous public safety radio technology addressed by the system.
- Link offers tactical bridge. // Mobile Radio Technology;Jun2003, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p55
Features the TCB-I wireless public safety radio tool for rapid field deployment from Link Communications Inc.
- The Public Safety Wireless Network (PSWN) Program. Siegle, Derek; Murphy, Rick // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;May2001, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p10
Introduces the Public Safety Wireless Network Program in the United States. History and organization; Coordination and partnerships; Financial backers; Goal of the program.
- Understanding wireless communications in public safety. Imel, Kathy; Hart, James W. // Mobile Radio Technology;Oct2000, Vol. 18 Issue 10, pPS2
Presents excerpts on wireless communications options taken from a guidebook to technology, issue, planning and management for public safety communication professionals. Dedicated radio systems; Sample vendors; System coverage; Disadvantages of cellular/PCS radio; Cellular digital packet data.