- ICS Nets Recruits. Collins, Patrick R. // Fire Chief;May2005, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p38
Discusses the use of Incident Command System in recruiting additional manpower for fire departments in the U.S. Key functions of ICS; Essentiality of action plan in responding to incidents; Role of planning committees in the recruitment process.
- The Office of Management and Budget's Acquisition Workforce Development Strategic Plan for Civilian Agencies. // GAO Reports;4/23/2010, p1
The article presents a report from the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) which addressed the acquisition workforce development strategic plan of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for federal civilian agencies. It examines the acquisition spending of these agencies and the...
- Work and Family: The New Strategic Plan. Friedman, Dana E. // Human Resource Planning;1990, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p79
A growing number of employers have begun responding to the family needs of their workers. Concerns about labor shortages, productivity and global competitiveness create the bottom-line reasons for a business response to families. About 5,400 employers have addressed employees' child care needs...
- ROLE OF HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT IN THE RETENTION OF EMPLOYEE IN INDUSTRIES. BHARDWAJ, SHRIDEO // Indian Streams Research Journal;Apr2013, Vol. 3 Issue 3, Special section p1
Employee retention is one of the challenges facing many business organizations today. This study aims to examine the human resource management (HRM) practices in Indian organizations as regards retention of employees. Further, in the rapidly changing management scenario; human resources...
- CHAPTER 17: Getting Started: Conducting a One-Day "Kickoff" Session. Bechet, Thomas P. // Strategic Staffing;2002, p227
Chapter 17 of the book "Strategic Staffing" is presented. The chapter offers a guide on organizing and conducting a one-day training seminar in developing and implementing an effective strategic workforce planning process. One session recommended as part of the seminar is intended to provide a...
- CHAPTER 19: Using Workforce Planning to Support Management Succession and Development Planning. Bechet, Thomas P. // Strategic Staffing;2002, p247
Chapter 19 of the book "Strategic Staffing" is presented. The chapter focuses on the use of workforce planning to support management succession and development planning. It notes that the succession planning and development process is based largely on contingency planning. Examples of how...
- 'Tougher year' but CIPD on target. // People Management;11/6/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 22, p8
Provides information on the experiences of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development in 2003, in relation to personnel management. Highlights; Review of the institute's core management standards.
- HR to lead human capital reports. // People Management;11/6/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 22, p17
Focuses on the need for human resource to take a central strategic role to ensure that companies meet requirements to report on human capital. Requirement for employers that fail to report on human capital; Need to monitor the extent and depth of human capital reporting; Benefits of human...
- AN OFFER TOO GOOD TO REFUSE. de Valk, Penny // People Management;11/6/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 22, p24
Presents an article on the need for employers to give staff a new perspective on working arrangements and developments. Problem facing service organizations seeking a competitive edge; Average time an employee spends in one job; Concerns of employers about high staff turnover.