Waterous Recognizes two firefighters from Florence, South Carolina
- East Bethel. // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p22
Tha article reports on the SAFER grant received by the East Bethel fire department in Minnesota for the recruitment and retention of firefighters.
- Untitled. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);1/24/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p10
A photograph is presented among the recipients of plaques of appreciation , including Roger Hagar, Justin Alexander, and Randy Shaw of the Hedley Volunteer Fire Department.
- Fire services charity wins a clutch of awards. // Fire Safety Engineering;Oct2005, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p5
Reports that the Fire Services National Benevolent Fund has received a recognition for its financial and accounting processes at the Great Britain Charity Awards 2005 in London, England. Recipients of the award; Criteria selection of the award; Objective of the award.
- Fireman of the Year. // East Bernard Express (TX);12/18/2008, Vol. 65 Issue 51, pA5
A photograph of Brian Kunz, 2008 East Bernard Volunteer Fire Department Fireman of the Year is presented, along with his superiors.
- Around the State. // Minnesota Fire Chief;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p41
The article presents updates on fire departments in Minnesota. The Everyone Goes Home program was adopted by the Alexandria Fire Department to ensure the practice of safety procedures by its firefighters. The Becker Fire Department has chosen Toni Knutson as Firefighter of the Year. A grant of...
- Awards. // Fire Engineering;Jul2004, Vol. 157 Issue 7, p112
Presents the recipients of the awards during the 2004 Fire Department Instructors Conference in the United States. Fire Engineering Lifetime Achievement Award; Fire Engineering Training Achievement Award; Service Awards; Ray Downey Courage and Valor Award.
- Look Inside a Firehouse! // Scholastic News -- Edition 1;Oct2001, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p1
Describes the routine of firefighters inside a fire station.
- When seeing red is a good thing. Sanders, Ramona C. // Collinsville Herald;8/22/2012, Vol. 54 Issue 34, pA2
The article announces that the Collinsville Fire Department in Illinois will be participating in the Red Shirts Fridays national initiative where every firefighter will wear red shirts on Fridays beginning August 2012 as a way of showing support to the men and women serving in the U.S. military.
- LACK OF TRAINING, EQUIPMENT LEAD TO FATAL FIRES IN DETROIT. Claxton, Melvin; Hurt, Charles // IRE Journal;May/Jun2001, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p14
Discusses the problems posed by inadequate training and equipment of firefighters in Detroit, Michigan.