- Queensland Fire & Rescue Services Praise CAFSystems. Coe, Barry // Fire Chief;Apr2009, Vol. 53 Issue 4, Special section p2
The article reports on the plan of Queensland Fire and Rescue Services (QFRS) to implement Waterous CAFSystemsâ„¢ into its regular operations on Queensland. The QFRS purchased two pumper tankers from Waterous and satisfied with the impressive knockdown capabilities and resourceful water use...
- DeKalb County Fire Rescue Receives 6 New Rosenbauers. // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;1/31/2012, p2
The article reports that the DeKalb County Fire Rescue (DCFR) has received delivery of six Rosenbauer pumpers designed by the department with help from the DeKalb County Fleet Management team.
- Waterous hosts Minnesota Home Day. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief Expert Blog;9/11/2013, p1
The article reports on the 2013 Minnesota Home Day with the theme "Unifying the Voice for the Minnesota Fire Service," hosted by fire pumps, fire suppression equipment and water delivery manufacturer Waterous Co., at its facility in South Saint Paul, Minnesota in August. It was presented by...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. MALECKY, JOHN M. // Fire Engineering;Aug2009, Vol. 162 Issue 8, p122
The article presents information on the features of several apparatus being used by fire departments in the U.S. Saint Cloud Fire Department Assistant Chief Gary Fletcher in Minnesota says their Rosenbauer rescue pumper was designed with a curbside/rear pump panel for operator safety. Captain...
- COMBINING APPARATUS SAFETY, MAINTENANCE, AND TRAINING. Glatts, Jim // Fire Engineering;Oct2000, Vol. 153 Issue 10, p14
The annual fire pump service test in the U.S. is an excellent training opportunity for pump operators. Although a qualified technician must conduct the test, the pump operators assigned to the pumper being tested can help during the entire test process. National Fire Protection Association...
- Bigger Isn't Always Better. Dettman, Marc // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;3/1/2012, p1
The article discusses how some fire departments are looking for ways to meet their needs in terms of fire service and budget through a lower-cost mini-pumper. It cites a fire department which wanted a mini-pumper that would have fire-suppression capability and equipment that almost matches a...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Oct2005, Vol. 158 Issue 10, p172
Features equipments in fire department in the U.S. Uses of the U.S. Tanker Rescue Pumper by the Lake Township Fire Department; Features of the American La France by the Ville de Longueil; Significance of the Sutphen apparatus by the Frankfort fire & EMS Department.
- Orcas Island Orders Four CAFS PolyBilt Pumpers - The Size of Minipumpers. // Fire Engineering;Apr2010, Vol. 163 Issue 4, Special section p4
The article reports that Darley provided four Wildland Attack/Structural Protection (WASP) pumpers to the Orcas Island Fire and Rescue Department in Washington state.
- Federal excess property proqram; a boost for small town Minnesota. Cucha, Bob // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p20
The article details how a federal excess property program has helped the Glyndon Fire Department in Minnesota acquire another fire truck. The fire department needed to have another pumper after its 40-year old Forstner International pumper could no longer be certified by the service company....