Career Road Map
- Follow the Leader. Johnson, Gary // Fire Chief;Aug2004, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p136
Reports on the succession planning at fire departments in the U.S. Component in the establishment of a leadership-centered organization; Development of leadership and management skills; Response to the complaints about the lack of professional recognition.
- Continuous Improvement: The True Culture of the American Fire Service. RUBIN, DENNIS L. // Fire Engineering;Mar2013, Vol. 166 Issue 3, p136
The author offers opinions on fire department and emergency medical services management. A need is seen to change the organizational behavior of those services to instill a willingness to enact continuous changes designed to improvement performance and safety. It is argued that the best means of...
- FROM THE DIRECTOR. Hugh // UFRA Straight Tip;Apr2013, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p2
The article discusses the author's views on the recurring themes for state firefighters. He clarifies several issues surrounding the Utah Fire and Rescue Academy (UFRA) including its mandate, operations, and distinction from the Department of Emergency Services. The author has emphasized that...
- First response to medical events. Haase, Richard R. // Fire Engineering;Mar1996, Vol. 149 Issue 3, p72
Discusses fire department operations' role of giving primary response to emergency medical care requests. Benefits of such services; Safety of the rescuers; Primary access and protection from exposure; Examination and evaluation of patient; Controlling life-threatening injuries; Treating...
- North Las Vegas FD Reinstates Emergency Transports. // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;10/20/2011, p2
The article reports that the city council in North Las Vegas has reinstated the use of emergency medical service (EMS) transports by the Fire Department in Las Vegas, Nevada one month after it was removed in October 201.
- SAFER Application Period Now Open. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;7/16/2012, p2
The article announces that fire departments can apply for the Fiscal Year 2012 Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response grants, where the application period closes on August 10, 2012.
- CFAI accredits 13 agencies. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;3/7/2013, p3
The article reports that the Commission on Fire Service Accreditation International has provided accredited agency status to various fire service agencies including NSA Souda Bay Fire & Emergency Services, Ramstein AB Fire & Emergency Services, and MCAS Yuma Fire Department.
- ST. Louis (Mo.) initiates 9-1-1 Plus medical response referral system. // Fire Engineering;May98, Vol. 151 Issue 5, p38
Reports that emergency medical calls to the Saint Louis, Missouri Fire Department are now processed through the 9-1-1 Plus emergency medical response referral system. Functionality and utility of the system; Advantages and benefits of using the system.
- Emergency medical services. // Fire Engineering;Mar2000, Vol. 153 Issue 3, p22
Presents responses of fire departments in the United States on whether they charge special fee for emergency medical services. Includes response of Phoenix, Arizona Fire Department; Seattle, Washington Fire Department.