Speech Protected for Public Concern Matters
- GRIEVANCE ARBITRATION--FAIR REPRESENTATION--UNION REQUEST THAT EMPLOYEE NOT ATTEND HEARING. // Arbitration Journal;Mar1972, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p48
This article presents information on grievance arbitration. It was not a breach of duty of fair representation for a union to request that the employee not attend an arbitration hearing, where the plaintiff was represented by counsel and the plaintiff was not able to demonstrate to the court any...
- Md. Chief Wins Free-Speech Lawsuit. Roberts, Mary Rose // Fire Chief;May2009, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p10
The article discusses the judgment of U.S. District Court on the Free-Speech lawsuit filed by former Deputy Chief Lewis German against the Fire Department of Bethesda, Maryland. The Court mandates the Fire Department to pay $259,000 to German after unlawful termination incident. It mentions that...
- The XpertHR weekly podcas... // Employers Law;Nov2012, p6
The article previews two XpertHR Weekly podcasts, one that discusses common issues arising from dealing with employee grievances while the other focuses on the court case Nye v William Hardwicke 2000 Ltd. in Great Britain.
- COURT DOCKETS. // BusinessWest;7/4/2011, p60
The article lists the lawsuits involving area businesses and organizations in Western Massachusetts in several courts including the Hampden Superior Court, the Northampton District Court, and the Palmer District Court.
- COURT DOCKETS. // BusinessWest;4/9/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p67
The article lists the recent lawsuits and courts in which they will be heard in April 2012 which includes Northampton District Court, James Connif vs. Andrew B. Chertoff M.D. and Hampshire Superior Court.
- District Court Recent Action. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);3/13/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p6
The article lists the district court decision of various cases including Brent Michael Medley, Jamie Darrell Ledgerwood and Jose David Saldana.
- District Court Cases. // New Yorker;1/1/1972, Vol. 47 Issue 46, p24
The article presents district court cases which concerns a dog attacking people in New York City.
- COURT DOCKETS. // BusinessWest;9/22/2014, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p59
The article presents the compilation of lawsuits in different courts involving area businesses and organizations in Massachusetts including the Franklin Superior Court, the Palmer District Court, and the Springfield District Court.
- TEACHERS -- ARBITRABILITY -- TENURE NOT SUBJECT TO ARBITRATION. // Arbitration Journal;Dec72, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p288
This article presents a review of the court's decision on the tenure of teachers not subject to arbitration. Where a probationary teacher was terminated before the last year of probation, the grievance arbitration provision was held not to encompass review of the decision of the School Board....