- HISTORIC STRUCTURES POSE DANGERS FOR FIREFIGHTERS. Lowry, Jay // Fire Engineering;Feb2003, Vol. 156 Issue 2, p96
Discusses the danger posed by historic sites to firefighters during fire management in the U.S. Classification of the structural stability of the building; Awareness of firefigthers to the dangers associated with historic structures; Establishment of plans for fighting fires in vacant...
- Aviation heritage in safe hands with Exercise Dambuster. // Fire;Nov2013, Vol. 107 Issue 1363, p52
The article focuses on the Exercise Dambuster training as a part of Lincolnshire, England Fire and Rescue's three-year training plan held at Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre at East Kirkby Airfield to ensure the safety of the Aviation Heritage Centre during a fire accident in England.
- A Firefighter in Action. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;10/18/99, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p2
Describes a day in the life of a fireman.
- Person of the Year. // Know Your World Extra;4/25/2003, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p12
Salutes New York City's firefighters as 'Know Your World Extra' Persons of the Year. Number of members of the New York City Fire Department who died on September 11, 2001.
- The smoke jumpers. Jenne, M. // Boys' Life;Nov90, Vol. 80 Issue 11, p16
Describes what it is like to be a Smoke Jumper, men and women who parachute into remote areas to fight fires. How they protect themselves; Danger involved; What the planes carry.
- Supplying firefighters with a life-saving message. // Crain's Chicago Business;02/23/98, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p8
No abstract available.
- Atlanta firefighters wage battle to keep beards. // Jet;2/26/90, Vol. 77 Issue 20, p12
Reports on a battle between 12 black Atlanta firefighters and their departments over the right to wear beards in fire-fighting duties.
- Rural firemen. McCaig, D. // Country Journal;Mar/Apr89, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p79
Report on the life of volunteer firemen.
- Firefighters don more urban hats. DeQuine, Jeanne // Christian Science Monitor;6/18/96, Vol. 88 Issue 142, p1
Reports that firefighters in Miami, Florida are assuming government duties that are not related to their traditional activities. Television franchise contracts; Employee risk management; Homeless services; Expansion of firefighters into social services; Aim of giving firefighters duties when...