- LI CONFIdential. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/15/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 24, p1A
Reports business developments in Long Island, New York as of June 2001. Donations made by Chernoff Diamond for the American Cancer Society; Creation of television advertisement for Crazy Eddie by Larry Weiss Associates; Acquisition of Galileo International by Cendant Corp.
- Scripps Clinic poised for doc group deal. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;11/18/96, Vol. 26 Issue 47, p6
Reports that San Diego's Scripps Clinic is ready and willing to accept a merger or buyout deal, with a few physician group practices before going public in 1997. Financial crisis that is being faced by Scripps Clinic; How the company will operate if it goes public; Comments from Breaux...
- Under construction. O'Connor, Jennifer // Xtra (Toronto);8/19/2004, Issue 517, p13
Reports on the merger plans of the Toronto People With AIDS Foundation (TPWAF) and AIDS Committee of Toronto (ACT). Purpose of the planned merger; Background on TPWAF and ACT; Benefits of clients from the merger of the AIDS service organizations.
- BENEFIT BUZZ. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/21/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 21, p30
Reports developments related to several civic activities of the food organizations in the United States as of May, 2001. Details on the merger between Food Rescue organization and Cleveland Foodbank; Monetary donation of Legal Sea Foods to the family charity; Accounts on the culinary workshop...
- Impact of a merger. // Third Sector;10/13/2009, Issue 588, p21
The article presents statistics showing the results of the "State of the Sector Panel Survey" on the impact of a merger on the people who work for a charity in Great Britain, which include those who feel positive, quite positive and quite negative about a merger.
- Teaming up to form a sector super-brand. // Third Sector;10/30/2008, p14
The article reports on the merger of charities Age Concern and Help the Aged of Great Britain. A number of trustees will make up the new charity, which is provisionally called New Charity. A new chair of the merged organization has been appointed and a new chief executive is being recruited. Jo...
- Uniting the United Ways. // Crain's Detroit Business;6/28/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p8
Two of the region's largest United Way organizations Detroit-based United Way Community Services (UWCS) and Pontiac-based United Way of Oakland County are studying closer ties, including a potential merger. Donations to UWCS have fallen nearly 25 percent in two years, to $50.5 million. Oakland...
- CT Realty Hits the Links With Joint Golf Course Buy. Padilla, Matthew // Orange County Business Journal;4/12/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p43
Reports on developments in real estate industry in California as of April 2004. Acquisition of a golf course by Newport Beach-based investor CT Realty Corp.; Partnership between a Orange County companies Marketplace Properties and Campbell Motel Properties Inc. on a hotel and shopping project;...
- Mergers and Charitable Giving: Odd Couple or Best Buddies? Peebles, Laura H. // Trusts & Estates;Jun2011, Vol. 150 Issue 6, p14
The article discusses philanthropic giving that follows acquisitions and mergers. It mentions that owners feel a sense of generosity when a merger is in the offing while charities do not like illiquid assets such a partnership interests or shares of stock. It cites the advice of donating cash...