Four Fire Execs Win Research Awards
- Mesa FD Volunteer Program Gets Accolades. Roberts, Mary Rose // Fire Chief;Dec2009, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p14
The article announces that the Mesa Fire Department in Arizona has received National Volunteer Fire Council's 2009 Fire Corps Award of Excellence.
- NAMES IN THE NEWS. // Fire Engineering;Jul2009, Vol. 162 Issue 7, p119
The article announces that the Abington Township Fire Department (ATFD) in Pennsylvania has received a Community Star Award from the Eastern Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce.
- Spirit of Fire finalists. // Fire;Apr2014, Vol. 108 Issue 1367, p7
The article offers information on the event "The Spirit of Fire Awards 2014" to be held at the Westminster Park Plaza Hotel in London, England on May 16, 2014.
- Fire department award. Ladik, Sarah // Hub (Hay River, NT);10/16/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 34, p3
The article announces that the Hay River Fire Department in Northwest Territories (NWT) has received a NWT Fire Service Merit Award from the NWT government (GNWT) as of October 2013.
- Fire Engineering among recipients of CFSI award. // Fire Engineering;Jul2000, Vol. 153 Issue 7, p41
Highlights the 2000 Fire Service Organization of the Year award given by the Congressional Fire Services Institute to four periodicals. `Fire Engineering'; `Fire Chief'; `Firehouse'; `Fire-Rescue.'
- Richton Park Jr. Fire Academy Wins at Governors Home Town Awards. // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;2/20/2013, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p1
The article informs that the Village of Richton Park Fire Department has recived Governors Home Town Awards in Richton Park, Illinois in 2012.
- East Bethel. // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p22
Tha article reports on the SAFER grant received by the East Bethel fire department in Minnesota for the recruitment and retention of firefighters.
- Buda Fire Dept. gets the boot for filling the boot. // Free Press (Buda, TX);8/14/2013, Vol. 111 Issue 20, p2C
The article announces the Jack Bostick Fill the Boot Award received by the Buda Fire Department L4650 in Texas at the International Association of Fire Fighters Convention for its commitment to families living with neuromuscular disease.
- AROUND THE STATE. // Minnesota Fire Chief;May/Jun2008, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p33
The article offers news briefs about events in 2008 in fire departments in Minnesota. Minneapolis Emergency Preparedness Director Rocco Forte was given the Governor's Award of Excellence as an Outstanding Local Government Partner. The Structural Collapse Team of the Rochester Fire Department was...