USFA Releases Rural Fire Report
- Put a Freeze on Winter Fires. // EHS Today;Jan2012, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p19
The article offers information on the initiative by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and U.S. Fire Administration (USFA) titled "Put a Freeze on Winter Fires", which aims to promote fire safety awareness.
- Modern House Fires Warrant Tactical Agility. KNAPP, JERRY // Fire Engineering;Oct2015, Vol. 168 Issue 10, p67
The article discusses challenges associated with modern house fires in the U.S and also offers suggestions to overcome those challenges. Topics discussed include statistics provided by the U.S Fire Administration on civilian residential fire fatalities, the National Fire Protection Association's...
- Flameless. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;2014 GiftBook, p60
The article suggests using flameless candles as an alternative to real candles in dorms or at homes. Topics discussed include illumination of flameless candles by light emitting diode (LED) bulbs which provide real look and fragrance of a burning candle without the risk of heat and flame, an...
- High-rise, heightened chance of fire. // Journal of Property Management;nov/dec2005, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p37
The article presents facts about high-rise fires, according to the report of the U.S. Fire Administration and the National Fire Protection Association. It stated that 75% of high rise fires are in residential structures. It found that 38% of high-rise fires are caused by cooking. It recorded...
- What's new for the 1996 edition of NFPA 13. McGreal, Mike // PM Engineer;Jul96, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p16
Focuses on the National Fire Protection Association's 1996 edition of the Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems. Responsibility of the Technical Committee on Automatic Sprinklers; Areas that were revised.
- July 3: Deadline for fire prevention code proposals. // Professional Safety;Jun98, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p68
Reports that the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) announced the deadline for fire prevention code proposals for the Year 2000 Edition. Closing date; Background information on the NFPA; Contact point for obtaining a proposal form.
- FYI: A snapshot of the JCAHO's life safety code. Cohen, Hal; Erickson, Douglas // Health Facilities Management;May98, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p52
Focuses on performance-based fire safety codes and standards in the United States. National Fire Protection Association's definition of key terms and concepts concerning performance-based codes and standards; Benefits of performance-based fire safety codes; Concerns about the specifics of...
- NFPA issues call for NFPA 1 proposals and meeting papers. // Fire Engineering;Jun98, Vol. 151 Issue 6, p40
Reports on the closing date for proposals for changes to National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1, Fire Prevention Code, for the Year 2000 edition. Minimum requirements needed to establish a reasonable level of fire safety and protection; Proposal forms; Contact information.
- WARNING LIGHTS. Peters, William C. // Fire Engineering;Jun2003 Supplement, Vol. 156 Issue 6, p61
Focuses on the standards of the U.S. National Fire Protection Association over the proper use of warning lights. Inclusion of intersection lights between the front wheel and the fire apparatus; Provision of a maximum warning to traffic; Minimum flash rate required for any single optical source.