USFA Releases Rural Fire Report
- Put a Freeze on Winter Fires. // EHS Today;Jan2012, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p19
The article offers information on the initiative by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and U.S. Fire Administration (USFA) titled "Put a Freeze on Winter Fires", which aims to promote fire safety awareness.
- Modern House Fires Warrant Tactical Agility. KNAPP, JERRY // Fire Engineering;Oct2015, Vol. 168 Issue 10, p67
The article discusses challenges associated with modern house fires in the U.S and also offers suggestions to overcome those challenges. Topics discussed include statistics provided by the U.S Fire Administration on civilian residential fire fatalities, the National Fire Protection Association's...
- Flameless. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;2014 GiftBook, p60
The article suggests using flameless candles as an alternative to real candles in dorms or at homes. Topics discussed include illumination of flameless candles by light emitting diode (LED) bulbs which provide real look and fragrance of a burning candle without the risk of heat and flame, an...
- High-rise, heightened chance of fire. // Journal of Property Management;nov/dec2005, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p37
The article presents facts about high-rise fires, according to the report of the U.S. Fire Administration and the National Fire Protection Association. It stated that 75% of high rise fires are in residential structures. It found that 38% of high-rise fires are caused by cooking. It recorded...
- What's new for the 1996 edition of NFPA 13. McGreal, Mike // PM Engineer;Jul96, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p16
Focuses on the National Fire Protection Association's 1996 edition of the Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems. Responsibility of the Technical Committee on Automatic Sprinklers; Areas that were revised.
- WARNING LIGHTS. Peters, William C. // Fire Engineering;Jun2003 Supplement, Vol. 156 Issue 6, p61
Focuses on the standards of the U.S. National Fire Protection Association over the proper use of warning lights. Inclusion of intersection lights between the front wheel and the fire apparatus; Provision of a maximum warning to traffic; Minimum flash rate required for any single optical source.
- What's new in NFPA 58 for 2001. Lemoff, Ted // LP/Gas;Jun2001, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p4
Comments on the revision of the NFPA 58 rules of the National Fire Protection Association. Rules in the installation of propane systems; Qualification of personnel stipulated in the regulation; Requirements set for internal valves.
- Fire deaths, property damage increase in 1996, NFPA reports. // Professional Safety;Oct97, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p64
Focuses on a report of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), on an increase of civilian fire deaths in the United States in 1996. Statistical information of fire fatalities and property damage; Comments from Dr. John Hall, assistant vice president of fire analysis and research;...
- National fire prevention week--October 6-12, 1996. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;9/27/1996, Vol. 45 Issue 38, p813
Reports that the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) in the United States (U.S.) designated October 6-12, 1996, as National Fire Prevention Week. Theme for National Fire Prevention Week; Statistical information on death rates from fires in the (U.S.); Causes of fires; NFPA's...