NVFC Testifies on Volunteer Job Bill
- USFA and NVFC Initiate Study of Emergent Health and Safety Issues in the Volunteer Fire Service. Seal, Ulie; Bronk, Tony // Minnesota Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p42
The article reports on a study initiated by the U.S. Fire Administration (USFA) and the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) of occupational health and safety challenges in the volunteer fire service, along with initiatives, programs, and strategies to cut down work injuries and fatalities. It...
- NVFC calls for donations to rebuild Volunteer Firefighter Support Fund. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;2/14/2013, p9
The article reports that the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) has appealed to individuals and organizations to help volunteer firefighters whose homes and property were devastated by Superstorm Sandy by making a contribution to the NVFC's Volunteer Firefighter Support Fund.
- Template helps track equipment and apparatus maintenance schedules. Seal, Ulie; Bronk, Tony // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p18
The article presents updates relating to the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC). A national recruitment campaign to increase number of volunteer firefighters has been approved during the September 2012 semi-annual NVFC board meeting in Fairbanks, Alaska. Various resources made available to...
- NVFC unveils volunteer firefighter recruitment campaign. // Fire Engineering;Aug2015, Vol. 168 Issue 8, p38
The article discusses the "Make Me a Firefighter" volunteer recruitment campaign unveiled by the U.S. National Volunteer Fire Council, featuring an online portal where volunteer and fire departments can join campaign and post their volunteer opportunities.
- NVFC Update. Seal, Ulie; Bronk, Tony // Minnesota Fire Chief;2014 Supplement Conference Program & Directory, p26
The article offers news briefs related to the U.S. National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) as of September 2014. The NVFC has collaborated with behavioral health care provider American Addiction Centers to assist firefighters and their families in behavioral health issues. Lifestyle guidelines...
- National Volunteer Fire Council update... // Minnesota Fire Chief;2015/2016 Conference Program & Directory, p34
The article reviews the web site of the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) located at "http://www.nvfc.org/" to present various resources and programs offered by the NVFC.
- IAFC Supports Volunteer Firefighters Fairness Act, NVFC Rejects It. Roberts, Mary Rose // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;11/9/2011, p1
The article reports that the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) has rejected the statement of the U.S. National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC)board, in which the association has opposed the Volunteer Firefighters Fairness Act. It is mentioned that IAFC is supporting this bill, which...
- NVFC Board sets priorities at annual fall meeting. // Fire Engineering;Jan2007, Vol. 160 Issue 1, p56
The article reports that the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) Board of Directors has voted "to incorporate EMS into all aspects of the organization's strategic plan" at its fall meeting. The Board reaffirmed the NVFC's legislative priorities and is urging all states to require worker's...
- NVFC holds 2014 spring board meeting. Seal, Ulie; Bronk, Tony // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p34
Information about several papers discussed at the annual spring board meeting of the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) held in Alexandria, Virginia on May 2, 2014, is presented. Topics include the importance of legislation to the volunteer fire service, health and safety, and recruitment...