Investors Could Benefit From 12b-1 Fee Reform
- JEFF AND PAM THOMPSON. McGirt, Ellen // Money;Sep2002, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p111
Profiles Jeff and Pam Thomson, who switched to an all-fund investment strategy. Loss of money by the Thomsons in investments; Need for the family to protect proceeds from franchises which they sold; Idea that frequent stock trading benefits brokers more than investors; Income-producing mutual...
- INVESTMENT STRATEGIES OF MUTUAL INVESTMENT FUNDS: CURRENT STATE AND PERSPECTIVES. Abdullaeva, Bizhamal // Actual Problems of Economics / Aktual'ni Problemi EkonomÃ¬ki;2014, Vol. 153 Issue 3, p391
The article considers the investment strategies of mutual funds attracting the free monetary flows from population for further directing into the real sector of the economy. These strategies can become possible due to the functioning of comparatively new forms of financial intermediaries,...
- Protect yourself when buying mutual fund shares. Kim, Mickey // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/18/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 52, p20
The article offers the author's insight on how to protect investors from underperformance of an investment when making investments or when purchasing mutual funds shares by knowing what is being paid.
- Israel Sees Mutual Fund Growth. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/19/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 23, p19
Deals with the growth of the mutual fund assets of Israel in August 2005, according to a report from Meitav Investments & Securities. Rate of increase in mutual fund assets; Attitude of investors toward the stock market; Yields of the mutual funds.
- At Deadline. // Money Management Executive;7/14/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 27, p6
Reports on the battle of the National Association of Securities Dealers against the sale of class B shares of mutual funds. Advisory issued by the regulator to investors on its Web site; Possible reason for the wide gulf between A share assets and B and C share assets; Situation when A shares...
- Country's hedge fund industry second biggest in the world. Chuvala, Bob // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/11/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 28, p31
Reports that the hedge fund industry in Fairfield County, Connecticut is the second largest in the world. Total assets under management by hedge funds; Migration of hedge fund managers from Manhattan, New York City to the Greenwich-Stamford-Westport corridor; Tax advantages of hedge funds.
- The State of Vanguard's Stewardship. Culloton, Dan // Morningstar Fund Family Reports: Vanguard;Apr2012, Issue Q2, p1
The article focuses on Vanguard, a fund family which received an A grade for stewardship. According to "Morningstar" magazine, the fund got an A grade because of its low fees, independent board, clean regulatory record and strong culture. It notes that Vanguard's head count increased by about 8%...
- Save for Future Use. Sloan, Allan // Fortune International (Asia);10/27/2008, Vol. 158 Issue 7, p13
The author offers some financial advice for investors. He emphasizes that an individual cannot buy an index fund for alternatives, and that individual funds and managers should be selected. He looks at the metrics for investments released by Cambridge Associates. He explores different...
- Data Points. // Money Management Executive;10/20/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the investors' shift to increase diversification of mutual fund assets through portfolio.