- Toolbox: Briefs. // Money Management;12/2/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p26
The article offers news briefs related to fund management in Australia including the launch of the Aviva Investors Direct Separately Managed Account (SMA) of Aviva Investors, the release of new bulk review features for the online financial planning software application from BT Financial Group,...
- A Frontier That's More Efficient. Williams, James O. // Financial Planning;Oct99, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p87
Focuses on probability analysis for financial planners to convert the efficient frontier into a more usable form for developing portfolio strategies. Common questions asked by clients; Strategies for client withdrawal practice; Advantages of the constant payment strategy; Benefits of...
- Daniel Ben-Ami: A warning to fund managers. Ben-Ami, Daniel // Fundweb;10/14/2014, p10
The author comments on fund management being seen as a potential source of future financial instability.
- Mix With Fixed. Bowen, Jr., John J. // Financial Planning;Jan2000, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p131
Emphasizes the importance for financial planners to educate their clients about the risks associated with concentrated portfolio. How to remind clients why they are investing; Benefits of diversified portfolio; Advice to planners on how to help clients make smart decisions on investments.
- Be Your Own Financial Planner. Benz, Christine // Morningstar Practical Finance;Jun2008, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including the significance of financial planners and portfolio management.
- Portfolio tools could leave IFAs exposed to UK gilt risk. Stodell, Hannah // Money Marketing;2/4/2010, p3
The article reports on the warning of JP Morgan Asset Management head Mike Parsons that independent financial adviser (IFA) portfolio tools may over expose the clients to Great Britain's gilt risk.
- HNWs shifting away from advisers. Greenwood, John // Money Marketing;9/25/2003, p8
Reports on the findings of a survey on the behavior of high-net-worth investors in Great Britain. Use of independent financial advisers; Factors influencing the investors to manage their own portfolios.
- School's Never Out. Bowen Jr., John J. // Financial Planning;Feb2002, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p101
Deals with the components of a lifelong learning program for financial advisers to enhance the services they provide to their clients. Development of an informal advisory board; Utilization of mentors, coaches and consultants; Need to invest in training.
- Taking the wraps off platforms. North, Kim // Money Marketing;7/22/2010, p32
In this article the author calls on independent financial advisers (IFAs) to be knowledgeable on true wrap costs of their platforms to treat clients equally and to stop bigger fund houses negotiating deals.