PEOPLE & POSTS
- ROUND AND ROUNDâ€¦. // Personnel Today;1/29/2008, p3
The article announces several appointments of senior Human Resource (HR) executives including Claire Tiney, who will join high-street retailer Woolworths, Martin Sawkins, who has been appointed as HR chief at emergency firm Homeserve and Robin Mills, who has been appointed HR director at food...
- Out of the frying pan into the flooded kitchen for ex-AA HR chief. // Personnel Today;1/22/2008, p4
The article reports on issues concerning recruitment challenges faced by Martin Sawkins, the former human resource (HR) director of Automobile Association (AA) of Great Britain, in his new role at the home emergency firm Homeserve. Sawkins played down high-profile industrial relations problems...
- Top jobs filled as two firms make HR appointments. // Personnel Today;2/5/2008, p3
The article announces that Jane Keith has been promoted as people development director for Europe, the Middle East and Africa at Hewlett-Packard Co. while Valerie Dale has been made human resource director at G4S Security Services.
- HR expertise needed for senior executives' reward packages. Reade, Quentin // Personnel Today;4/8/2003, p4
Reports on the role of personnel managers in planning an organization's senior executive reward packages. Alienation of employees and shareholders; Publication of detailed breakdown of directors' remuneration in annual reports; Establishment of expectations from directors; Relationship between...
- A new forum for HR's senior executives. // Personnel Today;5/6/2003, p1
Focuses on the launch of the HR Directors Club by the periodical 'Personnel Today.' Aim of providing business inspiration, networking opportunities and quality information for human resource directors; Description of the club's Web site.
- A Matter of Course. Steinburg, Craig // Training & Development;Jul91, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p12
Reports on the results of a study which determined the qualities of human resources department of personnel managers. Comparison with other managers; Leadership and communications skills; Weaker numerical, financial and quantitative abilities.
- Beneficial differences: HR leaders and their business partners. Ludeman, Kate // Training & Development;Jun96, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p42
Focuses on the differences between human resource (HR) managers and operational vice-presidents. Comparison of personality traits; Characteristics of HR managers.
- How I see HR... Els, Chris // Personnel Today;2/23/2010, p17
The article presents the author's comments on how human resource (HR) executives may help in strategic management of a company.
- Do Your Managers Have the Right Stuff? Simonsen, Peggy // Workforce (10928332);Aug99, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p47
Discusses the role of human resources professionals in developing an effective manager. Information on a study which identified and defined the `emerging worker'; Business role of a developmental manager; Characteristic of a developmental manager; Four critical competencies used in career...