HOW I GOT WHERE I AM TODAY
- Simple infrastructure will boost MAs. Baker, Paddy // Works Management;Oct97, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p26
The article focuses on the means of developing and maintaining Modern Apprenticeship frameworks. It looks into the recent progress in Modern Apprenticeship programs and also discusses what needs to be done to improve such framework. The role and importance of National Training Organizations are...
- A helping hand. Sencicle, Lynn // ACR News: Air Conditioning & Refrigeration News;Sep2015, p19
The article offers the author's insights on various aspects related to training. Topics discussed include the role of skilled and knowledgeable people for industries, the costs spent by employers in conducting employee training, and the key contribution of colleges and universities in preparing...
- Ones TO WATCH. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/1/2007, Vol. 54 Issue 24, p8B
The article presents career developments of several business executives in East End, Long Island, New York. Leonard Barton is the owner of Bravura Art and Objects in Southampton. Diane Figari is the director of operations of the Inn and Spa, a hotel and catering facility at East Wind, Wading...
- FOR THE RECORD. // Northern Ontario Business;Apr2005, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p16A
Reports career developments of executives in Northern Ontario.
- Youth apprenticeship `American style' and career development. Hoyt, Kenneth B. // Career Development Quarterly;Mar1994, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p216
Studies youth apprenticeship and career development in the United States. Popularity of work-based learning; Nature of youth apprenticeship; Career counseling; Concentration in acquiring skills.
- How to Develop High-Potential Employees. Jusko, Jill // Industry Week/IW;Sep2012, Vol. 261 Issue 9, p26
The article focuses on how to make high-potential employees. According to a report from the World Federation of People and Management Association and the Boston Consulting Group Inc., that high-performing companies are maintaining programs for "emerging" and "high" potential employees. It also...
- Carpenter Apprentices: Comparison of Career Transitions for Men and Women. Latack, Janina C.; Roach, Bonnie L.; Josephs, Susan L.; Levine, Mitchell D. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Aug87, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p393
As women are encouraged to enter nontraditional occupations, it is important to identify factors that may promote a successful transition. Data from carpenter apprentices and instructors were analyzed to compare men and women. In some aspects, based on performance and satisfaction with the...
- David Mellors appointed new CFO at QinetiQ. // Air Traffic Management;Summer2008, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p11
The article announces that David Mellors was appointed as chief financial officer of the QinetiQ Group plc.
- Up-skilling against shortages. Henderson, Hartley // Manufacturers' Monthly;Sep2011, p22
The article presents suggestions from the author regarding workforce development plan which will help manufacturers in Australia improve skills of staffs. According to the author, apprenticeships is an excellent way to improve skills of existing employees, online training provides a growing path...