- Midmanagement's influence on work/life programs. Reynolds, Helen Box // Employee Benefits Journal;Dec98, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p44
Suggests how to successfully implement work/life programs for employees. Benefits from work/life programs; Factor most cited as having the greatest influence on the usage of work/life benefits; How a human resource manager can change the attitudes of managers who may be overtly sabotaging...
- Work/life, diversity programs a success. McShulskis, Elaine // HRMagazine;Oct96, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p22
Focuses on employers' views on work/life diversity programs, according to a survey conducted by William M. Mercer Inc. Benefits of diversity programs; Use of diversity programs to address the issue of balance between an employee's work and personal life.
- Redesigned work improves business, life balance. Montague, Jim // Control Engineering;Mar2001, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p14
Focuses on the use of improved work-life programs to boost business performance and address personal needs of employees in the United States. Impact of employee involvement on fueling innovation and creativity; Ability of work-life programs to redesign work and make cultural changes;...
- Selling work-life agendas to CEOs. BUDD, JOHN F. // HR Magazine;Oct94, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p136
Discusses human resource practitioners' strategies in selling work-life initiatives to chief executive officers (CEOs). Work-life agendas as concepts rooted in responsibility, morality, sensitivity and generosity; Persuading CEOs to support work-life programs; Employee programs.
- Rebounding economy renews interest in lifestyle benefits. Brown, Steve // Employee Benefit News;9/1/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p1
Discusses the lifestyle benefit strategies applied by U.S. employers to attract and retain employees, as of September 2004. Errands assistance provided by health care employers; Vacation deals offered by Genesis Travel Benefits; Advantages of eldercare benefit plans.
- Listen carefully. Brady, Timothy // Fleet Owner;Jun2009, Vol. 104 Issue 6, p80
The article offers information on how to retain truck drivers. The author outlined three main factors, which are uniform among drivers: just compensation, consistent payments and scheduled home time. The author also opined that keeping an honest communication with drivers, and determining their...
- Real-World Reactions to Work-Life Balance Programs: Lessons for Effective Implementation. Nord, Walter R.; Fox, Suzy; Phoenix, Adam; Viano, Karrie // Organizational Dynamics;Spring2002, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p223
One recent approach that organizations have taken to help employees meet the competing demands of work life and non-work life are Work-Life Balance (WLB) programs. Designing and implementing effective WLB programs has become a serious challenge for human resources managers. In many cases, this...
- Beyond Basic Benefits. Kania, Kassandra // American Gas;Dec2004/Jan2005, Vol. 86 Issue 10, p23
Focuses on benefit strategies employed by utility companies in the U.S. in order to attract and retain employees. Introduction of programs to increase employee's awareness of health and physical activity; Development of a professional goal for staff members; Support for balanced personal and...
- The Game of Life. Stevenson, Jaclyn C. // BusinessWest;11/14/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p42
The article features the Baystate Health Systems Inc. and its Work Life Strategies Department, which were recognized as the 2005 winners of the Business West/Springfield Day Nursery Work Life Balance Award. The department's mission is to help the healthcare system's nearly 8,000 employees with...