- Asda goes into overdrive with staff health promotions. Sullivan, Nicola // Employee Benefits;May2008, p9
The article provides information related to the three-week health program provided to employees at ASDA. The first week will introduce retail workers to healthier snacks and meals made available through staff canteens and vending machines. The second week will be about raising awareness of...
- Asda helps staff to quit smoking. Phillips, Lucy // People Management;12/11/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 25, p12
This article reports on the launch of a campaign by Asda Stores to help staff quit smoking in Great Britain. The supermarket giant will provide staff who smoke with quit kits that contain motivational calendars, reward wheels showing related health benefits and cost savings, and advice leaflets....
- 'Management is about giving people a vision.'. Smedley, Tim // People Management;4/9/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p24
The article presents an interview with David Smith, former people director at Asda, about his career in people management. The interview begins with the experience of Smith in working with Asda. Smith then describes his application of his knowledge, skills and expertise in the field. He also...
- Asda's lifesaver may sink the spirits. // Marketing Week;8/24/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 34, p18
The author reflects on the need of Asda Stores Ltd. to treat its staff on a monthly pep talk in its head office in Leeds, England where celebrity is often ramp the feel-good factor. According to Diary's sources, a celebrity will attain the next team-building session. The author expects local...
- Asda staff plug shares. // Employee Benefits;Mar2010, p5
The article offers information about the company ASDA, which has launched a sharesave scheme for employees who have completed six months of service in the company.
- Asda rejigs cash plan. // Employee Benefits;Oct2008, p8
The article reports that supermarket Asda has appointed Leeds Hospital Fund (LHF) in July 2008 to supply its employees with healthcare plans in Great Britain. The company's cash plans offer cash back for a range of treatments such as dental and optical care and physiotherapy. Employees will know...
- NCS Pearson CEO Quits; Integration Complete. // Electronic Education Report;8/2/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 14, p7
Reports on the resignation of David Smith as chief executive officer of NCS Pearson of Eden Prairie, Minnesota. Appointment of Peter Jovanovich as chief executive officer; Change of control clause in Smith's contract.
- Opportunities. // MarketWatch: Food;Feb2009, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p48
The article discusses the opportunities offered by Asda, a merchandise retailer, to health-conscious consumers in Great Britain. It states that Asda has taken steps and has positioned itself to drive the sale of its organic foods amid the growing health awareness of people. In line with the...
- What's Your It? Wittig, Scott // Personal Excellence Essentials;Jul2010, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p10
The article offers tips to help identify things that a person should be doing in his/her personal life such as getting quiet, involving others, and realizing ideas and inspirations.