On a better beat
- From the Editor. Bumgarner, Jeff // Police Forum;Dec2014, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p1
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses a report within the issue on police leadership and police leadership training.
- Police training in East Africa. Gosling, Huw // Crisis Response Journal;2012, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p24
The article looks at police training in Rwanda. It reports that 30 senior police leaders from 12 African States flocked in the country to study leadership, strategy and the management of serious crime in April 2013. It describes how the course helps to set standards of excellence in policing...
- Police Leadership in 2045: The Value of Education in Developing Leadership. Roberts, Karl; Herrington, Victoria; Jones, Warwick; White, Jon; Day, David // Policing: A Journal of Policy & Practice;Mar2016, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p26
Policing remains one of the few occupations in which sworn leaders enter as recruits and work their way to the top. This poses some unique challenges and opportunities. Many of the leaders of 2045 are being recruited and inducted into policing today, and as such it behoves policing to have a...
- Police Leadership in Fostering Evidence-Based Agency Reform. Martin, Peter; Mazerolle, Lorraine // Policing: A Journal of Policy & Practice;Mar2016, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p34
Leading an evidence-based police agency is easier said than done. In policing, the rhetoric of being evidence-based far outstrips the reality. In this article, we examine the role of police leaders in fostering evidencebased agency reform, focusing on six broad themes. First, police leaders need...
- Streets ahead. Thatcher, Mike // People Management;3/21/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p45
Discusses how a senior police in Scotland are benefiting from a training programme that highlights human resource and strategic management issues. Aims of the training programme for police superintendents introduced by Scottish Police College; Genesis of the training programme; Reason why the...
- Accelerated learning: A new approach to cross-cultural training. Youngs, Alan C.; Novas, Ana // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Mar1995, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p14
Discusses a specialized cultural awareness and language training program for the officers of the Lakewood, Colorado Police Department. Accelerated learning; Training sessions; Cultural topics introduced; Follow-up training.
- FaxBack response. // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Aug95, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p12
Focuses on the need for foreign language training of police officers in the United States. Major obstacles in providing foreign language programs in police departments; Description of a Spanish training course designed by a police department; Greater need for foreign language programs in...
- The model precinct. Greenberg, Martin A. // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Sep98, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p14
Focuses on the Model Precinct, a method used by agency administrators in the United States to monitor and uplift the integrity and professionalism of their police officers. Structure of the Model Precinct; Advantages of the Model; Conclusion.
- Aboriginal policing program trains 10 future cops. Gladue, Yvonne Irene // Alberta Sweetgrass;Nov2002, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p11
Focuses on the Aboriginal Police Studies program to be conducted at the south-side campus of Grant MacEwan College in Edmonton, Alberta. Purpose of the program; Benefits of the program for participants; Contents of the training program.