Shared services works for Scottish government
- Smart Management. Stone, Florence // Executive Excellence;Apr2004, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p8
Discusses ways to improve business management skills in the U.S. Clarification of manager assignments; Distribution of work equally to staff members; Importance of focusing on issues that support the mission and goal of the organization.
- Creating A Compliance Roadmap For Managers Of Agents. Groner, Dennis M. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/11/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 24, p41
Provides information on the compliance supervision workload, a method designed to help insurance managers to cope up with their problems in personnel management. Scope of the responsibilities of insurance managers; Additional responsibilities of managers with many company relationships;...
- careers + HIRING. Pompeo, Paul // Lighting Design & Application;Jul2007, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p24
The article discusses effective ways of hiring an employee. It stresses the importance of making the best job description. It explains that making sure that job description reaches the right audience is also an important factor. The human resources manager should focus on the experiences that...
- Britons are too tuned in to their work. // Management Services;Oct2004, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p4
This article deals with an annual holiday survey conducted by the Chartered Management Institute regarding the reluctance of managers in Great Britain to take a break from their jobs. The survey concluded that Britain is in danger of becoming a nation too afraid to put its feet up and go on...
- An APT way to set office staffing levels. // Management Services;Mar1991, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p14
Baileys Consultant Associates has extended the successful series of training workshops A New Way to Set Office Staffing Levels, to run throughout England and Scotland until July 1991. The one and two day workshops are designed for managers and management services personnel who need a rapid means...
- Does time management elude execs, employees? // New Hampshire Business Review;5/3/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p24A
Reports on the results of a survey on the quality of work life of employees and executives in the U.S. as of May 3, 2002. Reactions of employees to the issue of workload; Common problems associated with personnel management; Tips for better handling of employees.
- "Oi, you, I've a job for you!". // Credit Management;May2012, p32
The article presents information on the aspects of delegation of responsibilities by leaders and managers to their subordinates. It looks at the importance of delegating correct responsibilities to the correct personnel which can enhance the employees' abilities as well as add towards the goal...
- What it means to you. // Legal Alert for Supervisors;2/17/2012, Vol. 7 Issue 162, p2
The article offers tips for employers on how to deal with employees who appear to be under pressure with too much workload.
- Ways to lighten their load. // Executive Leadership;Mar2010, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p6
The article offers ways for managers to lighten the workload of employees.