New IPA head has engaging plan
- Engagement boosts business, says Clarke. // Employee Benefits;Jul2010, p15
The article highlights the statement of Nita Clarke, deputy chairwoman of the British government's Review on employee participation, concerning the potential loss that disengaged workers could cause on the overall productivity of business enterprises in Great Britain.
- ENGAGEMENT. Stevens, Michelle // People Management;Mar2012, p16
The article focuses on the vice-president of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in Great Britain, Nita Clarke, who talks about the importance of promoting employees' engagement with industrial relations skills that prevent workplace disputes. The government-backed...
- 'Engage staff to stop another banks crisis.'. Phillips, Lucy // People Management;10/8/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p8
The article reports on a comment from Nita Clarke, joint author of a government-commissioned review by David McLeod, saying that better staff engagement could have prevented the near-collapse of the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) in 2008. Clarke told a Labour Party conference that his review...
- "The difference that makes a difference". Eyre, Elizabeth // Training Journal;Apr2010, p19
Information on the Steps Drama Learning Development and Studio 54 held in Great Britain is presented. The conference discussed the importance of employee engagement to business survival and competitive advantage. It featured several speakers including authors David MacLeod and Nita Clarke and...
- Worker directors? Yes, but from all work-force levels! Cotton, Bernard // Accountancy;Dec1976, Vol. 87 Issue 1000, p77
Focuses on the fears on movement towards industrial democracy in Great Britain. Proposal on the selection from employees for the formation of members of the directors of supervisory boards; Need for extension of industrial democracy; Formation of a code of participation practice.
- Don't be fooled by a safety committee. Petersen, Dan // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Jan2007, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p70
The article focuses on the importance of the safety committees in the U.S. The true participation in safety occurs when workers engage in activities particularly decisions which can satisfy the human needs. Fostering employee involvement takes a good deal of preparation. They must be prepared to...
- FOOD FOR THOUGHT. // People Management;1/24/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p30
Provides information on Suma, a British food distribution cooperative in Halifax. Function of the cooperative; Details of the human resource management practices of the cooperative; Information on employee participation in management decisions.
- Road to workplace success. Pitcher, Greg // Personnel Today;3/18/2008, p7
The article presents information on personnel director Nita Clarke's experience in managing workforce. Her experience at former British prime minister Tony Blair's office, showed Nita Clarke exactly what kind of workplaces she wanted to create in her new job as director of the Involvement and...
- European HY Association Forms. // High Yield Report;01/22/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p2
Reports the launching of the European High Yield Association in January 2001. Responsibility of chairman Stephen Mostyn-Williams; Aims of the association; Enumeration of founding board members of the association.