Join forces to combat recruitment challenges
- Exchange students. Brockett, James // People Management;6/15/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p15
This article reports on the application of the age legislation on the traditional, graduate recruitment schemes. Employers need to make urgent changes to their graduate recruitment schemes if they are to avoid falling foul of October's age legislation. According to Terence Perrin, director of...
- Students swap status for pay and potential. Welch, Jilly // People Management;07/24/97, Vol. 3 Issue 15, p17
Reports on the forms of jobs offered to graduate applicants as discussed in the 29th Association of Graduate Recruiters' conference. Writing skills of juniors leading to innovations which will reward both employee and company; Work potentials of graduates compared to non-graduate employees. ...
- Recruitment. // People Management;07/29/99, Vol. 5 Issue 15, p17
Presents updates on issues relating to the employment of college graduates in Great Britain. Study conducted by the Council for Industry and Higher Education and the Institute for Employment Research; Recruiting performance of Marks and Spencer; Benefits of job trials.
- Worker-hungry companies starting search sooner. Kachadourian, Gail // Crain's Detroit Business;07/19/99, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p18
Looks at the employee recruiting strategies used by companies in Detroit, Michigan. Establishment of relationships with potential recruits; Recruitment direct from schools; Use of money to convince the best students; Offer of sign-on bonuses.
- Employers Struggle to fill graduate positions. // Personnel Today;2/12/2002, p47
Reports the rate of employers with difficulties in recruiting graduates in Great Britain. Percentage of employers in the manufacturing sector suffering from recruitment problems; Comparison on the recruitment problems of small and large firms.
- More jobs available for college graduates. Gargaro, Paul // Crain's Detroit Business;6/19/95, Vol. 11 Issue 25, p10
Reports on the increase in job opportunities for new college graduates in Michigan. Employment statistics; Decline in the unemployment rate; Increase in the number of corporate recruiters visiting college campuses in Michigan; Requirements for new college graduate job-seekers.
- Firms complain of quality shortfall among students. Prickett, Ruth // People Management;7/9/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 14, p10
Reports that employers in Great Britain are developing recruitment techniques and looking at their ability to retain recruits. Reasons for skill shortages and rising demand for graduates; Significance of human resource policies and training; Explanation for the scarcity of scientific and...
- Handpicking college hires. OVERMAN, STEPHENIE // HR Magazine;Jun94, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p64
Focuses on the status of college graduate recruiting in the United States. Concentration of recruitment efforts on selected universities and colleges; Job offers to top students; Cost concerns of hiring companies.
- Recruiters tire of samey surveyors. Ellison, William // Estates Gazette;9/14/2002, Issue 237, p117
Provides information on the status of graduate recruitment programs in Great Britain as of September 2002. Decline in the size of graduate recruitment; Demand for graduates; Factors which employers take into account in hiring graduates.