'City HR can learn much from other sectors.'
- Work with Beliefs. Connors, Roger; Smith, Tom // Executive Excellence;Aug99, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p14
Discusses how effective leaders work at the level of people's beliefs by creating certain experiences for their people. Connection between an employee's job and the results the organization needs to achieve; Importance of beliefs; Power of experience.
- Assess, Challenge, and Support. Vann Velsor, Ellen // Executive Excellence;Jun2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p19
Focuses on personnel management strategies to develop leadership skills among employees. Assessment of employees' skills and management scenarios that they need to face; Establishment of leadership challenges.
- The Quest for Staff Leadership. Bellman, Geoffrey M. // Training & Development Journal;Jan1986, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p36
Focuses on the importance of leadership in human resource management. Need to define the manager's role and contributions; Development of others as reward for managers; Need to define employee expectations.
- Successfully balancing the leadership spectrum. Warner, Susan // Supervision;Aug99, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p10
Deals with how to balance the leadership spectrum successfully. Types of management style; Strengths and weaknesses of micro-management and hands-off management; Characteristics of a micro-manager and a hands-off manager; Situations where a manager should play as a micro- or hands-off manager;...
- Attitude is Everything. Mann, Wendy // Rural Telecommunications;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p6
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including articles on human resource and leadership issues.
- Take it from the TOP. Hooper, Alan; Potter, John // People Management;8/19/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 16, p46
Discusses the characteristics that leaders need to require in order to manage change effectively. List of leadership competencies; Remedy to the fear of change; How to release people's potential.
- Leadership. Berman, Eileen L. // Industrial Management;Jan2010, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p6
The article describes the author's experience with the CEO of a small retail business and how he exemplified the qualities of a good leader, with reference to Adm. Tony Zinni's book "Leading the Charge: The Leadership Lessons from the Battlefield to the Boardroom."
- The inspiration of experience. Frank, Ron; Porter, John // Management Review;Jan97, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p33
Lists some effective principles on leading an operation to a more profitable growth. Created strategies that can be translated into work; Teaching people how to do their job; Need for an adequate time, authority and support for employees; Five steps to avoid leadership failure. INSETS:...
- Encourage leadership. Penson, Peta G. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;8/19/96, Vol. 10 Issue 17, p23
No abstract available.