Branding a New LG
- The M&A Imperative In the Age of Turbulence. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Sep2000, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p13
Presents a roundtable discussion on trends in corporate mergers. Reasons for the sudden growth of popularity of mergers in the 1980s; Reason for businesses' preference for mergers over other development and investment choices; Threat of unwieldiness among conglomerates.
- Olympian Tycoon. // Time;6/22/1953, Vol. 61 Issue 25, p82
The article profiles Greek tycoon Bodossakis Athanassiades. He is considered as the biggest Greek producer of chemicals, minerals, glass, wines and munitions. Athanassiades also owns several shipyards, fertilizer and textile plants in Greece. His father is a poor truck farmer who lived in...
- HR leading the way as India focuses on developing talent. Doke, DeeDee // Personnel Today;4/29/2003, p7
Describes personnel development strategies at the Bangalore, India-based conglomerate corporation, Wipro Spectramind Co. which operates in software, hydraulics, energy, medical systems, cooking oil and call centers. Number of employees within the company; Corporate growth; Development of...
- Samsung Spinoff's OC Plan: Dumplings. JANE YU // Orange County Business Journal;3/18/2013, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p1
The article offers information that the CJ Foods Inc. has planned to boost its Korean food business throughout the U.S. by producing 9,000 tons of dumplings per year. It states that the company has opened a warehouse in Fullerton, California to grow its business. It mentions about the...
- LG's Korean service providers to merge. // Telecom Asia;Nov2009, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p10
The article reports on the plan of LG Group to merge its three telecom services providers in Korea. The company thinks that merging LG Telecom, fixed-line provided LG Dacom, and ISP LG Powercom would enable the company to better compete with larger rivals. Moreover, the company also anticipates...
- Global Industrial Conglomerates. // Industrial Conglomerates Industry Profile: Global;May 2004, p1
Presents a profile of the Industrial Conglomerates industry in the World. Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the industry; Market forecasts; Demographics; Further reading.
- New Jersey M&A Activity Up Slightly in 2007. // njbiz;1/14/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p19
The article investigates the mergers and acquisitions activity in New Jersey for 2007. Three December deals helped to propel the volume of deals from 524 in 2006 to 527 for the year. Nationally, the volume of corporate consolidation slowed in 2007, from 11,539 deals worth about $1.25 trillion ht...
- The ÄˆEZ Group Expands to Central and Southeast Europe. Kříž, Ladislav // Czech Business & Trade;2005 Supplement, p18
This article discusses the Czech conglomerate ÄŒEZ Group's strategic growth plans and market entry into Southeast and Central Europe. It owns thermal power plants, hydroelectric power plants, and nuclear power plants. The firm is anticipating the privatization of electric power plants and...
- RELACIÃ“N ENTRE LAS ESTRATEGIAS CORPORATIVAS DE CRECIMIENTO Y FINANCIAMIENTO DE LOS GRUPOS ECONÃ“MICOS EN CHILE. // Cuadernos de AdministraciÃ³n (01203592);jul-dic2010, Vol. 23 Issue 41, p143
No abstract available.