Reinventing Guess What
- A winter alternative for downhill mountain biking. // JEC Composites Magazine;Nov/Dec2015, Issue 101, p16
The article offers information on the bike prototype, which would enable bikers to experience all the sensation and behaviour of a mountain bike, designed by Avalanche Project which consists of a team of future engineers at Sherbrooke University in Canada.
- The Story of the Bicycle. // Science Spin K-1;Feb2012, p4
The article presents a story regarding the invention and evolution of bicycles and presents questions related to the story.
- NO PIES IN THE SKY. SARAO, MARY RUSSELL; PITTS, BARBARA RUSSELL // Inventors' Digest;Dec2008, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p38
The authors reflect on the mistakes committed by inventors. They cite that there are inventors who do not know how to go about creating a prototype or how to make it. For inventors who have small budgets, they suggest that these inventors should choose simple, yet useful product which they can...
- PACKAGING YOUR PROTOTYPE. Lander, Jack // Inventors' Digest;Apr-Jun2006, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p30
Presents an inventor's guide to packaging a prototype. Types of enclosures recommended for mechanical and electronic prototypes; Steps involved in building an enclosure for a mechanical prototype.
- MaRKeT ReSeaRCH TIP OF THe MONTH. RAU, JOHN // Inventors' Digest;Jan2013, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p9
The author discusses the importance of conducting market research to an inventor. He points out that market research can reveal existing competition, can determine the viability of the idea as well as the size of the market. He describes the three phases in the invention process where market...
- ROBO-LANCE. Mone, Gregory // Popular Science;Jan2010, Vol. 276 Issue 1, p63
The article discusses the design and construction of a tandem bicycle built for a human rider and a robot. The bike is the invention of retired electrical engineer whose son asked him if he could design a bicycle for lazy bikers who do not want to pedal uphill. An overview of the bicycle's...
- HOW IT WORKS. // Popular Science;Jan2010, Vol. 276 Issue 1, p64
The article discusses how the Robo-Lance, which is a bicycle built for a human rider and a robot, works. Topics include an overview of various features of Robo-Lance, such as the strength of the electric motor that powers the robot Joules, the vehicle's stability and safety, and modifications to...
- CHINA CROSSING. Tolchin, Edie // Inventors' Digest;Jun/Jul2007, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p30
The article tips on establishing overseas manufacturing shops for U.S. investors. Inventors are advised to use an independent testing and safety laboratory to do a product-design evaluation. They can spend money on a perfect prototype that can be sent to their overseas manufacturer. Inventors...
- Invention Perfection. Schoonmaker, Daniel // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/23/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 43, p1
The article presents information on the new products exhibited at an open house hosted by concept realization group Invention Perfection. The inventions on display include the Move About hands-free stool by Rita Goggins, the Flag Safe water safety system by Kitty Lower, and the Cosie Carry-On...