48 ASIAN ALTRUISTS
- FOLLOW THE BILLIONAIRE. Rabkin, April // Fast Company;Apr2011, Issue 154, p78
The article profiles Chinese billionaire and recycling tycoon Chen Guangbiao and his efforts to transform philanthropy within China. It is attested that Chen employs publicity stunts, cash giveaways, and media events to garner attention for himself and his charitable agendas. As billionaires...
- YOU CAN'T BUY PRESS LIKE THIS. Jones, Abigail // Newsweek Global;1/10/2014, Vol. 162 Issue 2, p57
The article discusses an offer from Chinese philanthropist and billionaire Chen Guangbiao to purchase "The New York Times" newspaper. Topics include Chen's interest in using the paper and his influence to spread a message of world peace, environmental protection, and human kindness throughout...
- Well, that's one solution... // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Mar2013, Issue 861, p64
The article offers information on the Revolutionary Yan'an and Pristine Tibet air cans, designed by entrepreneur Chen Guangbiao as a solution for the continued environmental problems in China.
- Julian Burnside. McKew, Maxine // Bulletin with Newsweek;7/16/2002, Vol. 120 Issue 6333, p38
Profiles Australian political activist and Queen's counsel Julian Burnside. Views regarding the government's policy on asylum-seekers; Career history; Opinion about the country's judicial system.
- "MOST WELL-KNOWN AND BELOVED CHINESE ROLE MODEL". PRESSLER, JESSICA // New York;2/3/2014, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p32
The article profiles Chinese recycling entrepreneur and philanthropist Chen Guangbiao. It describes how he earned media attention after he publicly expressed intention to acquire "The New York Times" newspaper. Despite having a questionable reputation online, it mentions that Guangbiao remained...
- Burnside blasts major parties over refugees. McCoomb, Chris // Green Left Weekly;6/26/2013, Issue 970, p2
The article reports on the criticisms received by prominent human rights activist Julian Burnside regarding his assessment to the approach of major parties and mainstream media to asylum seekers in a public address at the invitation of Amnesty International in Townsville, Queensland.
- Chinese Demolition King: I'm Serious About Buying the New York Times. Beech, Hannah // Time.com;1/6/2014, p1
The article looks at Chinese investor Chen Guangbiao's reported interest in buying the "New York Times" newspaper. It examines Chen's announcement that his offer on 30 December, 2013 was not a joke, and suggests that the possibility of an actual acquisition is remote. The "New York Times'"...
- Australia should resettle refugees. Fletcher, Jay // Green Left Weekly;7/11/2012, Issue 929, p10
The article presents information on the policies of Australia on the settlement of the refugees in its territory. It informs that labor provided a private members bill that will help the country to expel the refugees to the other countries that were the part of the Bali Process, including...
- Burnside: Gillard shredding child refugee protections. Fletcher, Jay // Green Left Weekly;9/12/2011, Issue 896, p7
In this article the author comments on the weakening protection for refugees in Australia. He cites the statement of human rights lawyer Julian Burnside on the decision of the government to push change on its protection obligations on refugees, which would be put serious doubt on the nation's...