Education Is the Foundation
- Top-end London casino for sale. // Casino International;Nov2007, p4
The article announces the sale of the Les Ambassadeurs casino in London, England by Indonesian billionaire Putera Sampoerna who bought it for 115 million British pounds in Spring 2006. The sale will include Las Vegas Sands, Harrahs and British sportswear tycoon Michael Ashley who heads up Sports...
- CHARITY ON A GRAND SCALE. Loomis, Carol J. // Fortune International (Europe);7/4/2011, Vol. 164 Issue 1, p12
The article reports on The Giving Pledge, invented by billionaire philanthropists Bill and Melinda Gates and Warren Buffett. The goal is to persuade other very rich people to donate half of their wealth to charity, either during their lifetime or at death. Details are given on people who have...
- FOLLOW THE BILLIONAIRE. Rabkin, April // Fast Company;Apr2011, Issue 154, p78
The article profiles Chinese billionaire and recycling tycoon Chen Guangbiao and his efforts to transform philanthropy within China. It is attested that Chen employs publicity stunts, cash giveaways, and media events to garner attention for himself and his charitable agendas. As billionaires...
- Clermont Club on the block: What would Lord Lucan say? Rutherford, James // International Gaming & Wagering;Jul2006, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p7
Presents updates on the gaming industry in London, England. Plan of Rank Group to sell its Clermont Club and focus on its mass-market Grosvenor casino and Mecca bingo chains; Sale of Les Ambassadeurs by London Clubs International to Indonesian cigarette billionaire Putera Sampoerna.
- Stanley-London Clubs merger in the wind again after sale of Les Ambassadeurs Club. Rutherford, James // International Gaming & Wagering;Apr2006, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p12
Reports that talk of a merger of London Clubs International (LCI) and Stanley Leisure head up on the news that LCI and unloaded Les Ambassadeurs Club. Impact of the sale of the Mayfair casino to Indonesian billionaire Putera Sampoerna and his Twinwood Investments on LCI; Factor which has made...
- Putera Sampoerna. // Asian Business Review;Mar1998, p32A4
Features Putera Sampoerna, president director of the tobacco company PT H.M. Sampoerna based in Jakarta, Indonesia. Developments in the company under Sampoerna's leadership; Acquisition of 15 percent shares of PT Astra International by Sampoerna; Objective of the share acquisition.
- Payback time. // India Today;7/25/2011, p19
The article features Putan Neduvakkatt Chenthamaraksha Menon, a self-made billionaire and philanthropist. It states that Menon came from the village of Kizhakkencherry, Kerala and dropped out of college to set up a design firm, later setting up the Sobha Group which has branches around the...
- Bill Gates: Billionaire Philanthropist. Buffett, Warren E. // Time;4/26/2004, Vol. 163 Issue 17, p60
Profiles billionaire and philanthropist Bill Gates. Background on the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation; Focus on global health and learning issues: How the Gates have put their intellects and energies behind their philanthropic works.
- LesAm for sale again; Sands, Harrah's may be interested. // International Gaming & Wagering;Dec2007, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p11
The article reports on the decision of cigarette businessman Putera Sampoerna to sell his Les Ambassadeurs gambling salon in London, England. He bought the club for Â£115 million from London Clubs International in 2005. Harrah's Entertainment and Las Vegas Sands expressed their interest to buy...