The MSG Cure
- New Ingredient Makes 'Antihunger' Yogurts, Smoothies. // Today's Dietitian;Oct2012, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p92
The article reports the use of methyl cellulose as an 'antihunger' ingredient or a satiety ingredient for foods such as yogurt, fruit shakes, smoothies, that will enable people feel full after eating smaller amounts of food.
- Combined Oral Arginine and Monosodium Glutamate Exposure Induces Adverse Response on the Prostate Function and Testis Histology of Rats. Cemaluk, Egbuonu A. C.; Madus, Ejikeme P.; Ezeanyika, L. U. S.; Obidoa, O. // British Journal of Pharmaceutical Research;Apr-Jun2013, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p247
Aims: This study investigated the effect of exposure to arginine (ARG) and glutamate (GLU), or its variant, monosodium glutamate (MSG) on the prostate function and testis histology of rats. Study Design: Exposure to either ARG, GLU, monosodium glutamate (MSG), ARG plus GLU or ARG plus MSG was...
- Musculoskeletal ultrasonography in gout. Scirocco, Chiara; Rutigliano, Iolanda Maria; Finucci, Annacarla; Iagnocco, Annamaria // Medical Ultrasonography;Dec2015, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p535
Gout is a frequent inflammatory disease induced by the deposition of monosodium urate crystals in joints and extra-articular tissues. The natural history of the disease includes four different phases: asymptomatic hyperuricemia, acute attacks, intercritical phase, and chronic tophaceous gout....
- Ajinomoto to build Brazilian lysine unit. // Chemical Week;3/13/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 10, p24
Reports that Ajinomoto Co. Inc. will spend $55 million to build a lysine plant at Valparaiso, Sao Paulo.
- Ajinomoto MSG unit. // Chemical Week;1/17/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 2, p21
Reports on the plan by Ajinomoto's Vietnam to build a monosodium glutamate (MSG) plant. What it will cost to start the construction.
- Ajinomoto lysine start. // Chemical Week;9/10/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 34, p43
Reports on the lysine plant being constructed by Ajinomoto (Tokyo) in Valparaiso City, Brazil. Marketing purpose of the plant.
- In Brief. // Health (Time Inc.);Mar2007, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p118
The article presents news items related to bodyweight and diet.Researchers at the Oregon National Primate Center found that nighttime eating is no more likely to make you gain weight than daytime eating. Researchers have found that eating protein releases a hunger fighting hormone that may help...
- Ajinomoto into bioconsortia business. // Japanese Biotechnology & Medical Technology;Feb/Mar2001, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p8
Provides information on a method developed by Ajinomoto Co. that gives microbiologists a format to isolate hard to grow microbes from natural world samples. Private companies that participated in bioconsortia projects; Description of bioconsortia; Function of the Ajinomoto flow cytometry technique.
- Ajinomoto to appoint Nishii as CEO. Abdulla, Hannah // Aroq - Just-Food.com (Global News);3/9/2015, p6
The article presents a reprint of an article "Ajinomoto to appoint Nishii as CEO" by Hannah Abdulla, which appeared on just-food.com on March 6, 2015, and announces the appointment of Takaaki Nishii as chief executive officer of food manufacturer Ajinomoto Co. Inc.