Thank You, Asia
- GM warranty payments tied to CPI; rate to rise. Sawyers, Arlena // Automotive News;3/20/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5596, p6
Reports on General Motors' (GM) modification of its warranty program. Options provided by the new warranty labor rate plan; Benefits of the plan to dealers of GM vehicles.
- GM team explores ideas for global truck market. Sawyers, Arlena // Automotive News;2/19/1996, Vol. 70 Issue 5646, p3
Reports on General Motors' (GM) formation of a truck alliance board to study the manufacture of trucks for a global market. Remarks from GMC general manager Roy Roberts; Members of the board; Other efforts of GM to build and market its trucks globally.
- General Motors and Cattle Raisers team Up to Continue to Offer Valuable Savings on Most New Purchased and Leased GM Vehicles. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);1/28/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p6
The article reports that the Texas and South-western Cattle Raisers Association (TSCRA) continuously offers valuable savings on most new purchased and leased GM vehicles from General Motors Corp.
- GM to ax Caprice, Roadmaster, Fleetwood. Frame, Phil // Automotive News;2/6/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5590, p1
Reports on General Motors' plans of pulling out of market its big, rear-wheel-drive cars. Includes Chevrolet Caprice, Chevrolet Impala, Buick Roadmaster and Cadillac Fleetwood; GM's need to tap the truck market; Market profitability of the four car brands.
- A U-turn for GM vans. // AutoWeek;11/13/95, Vol. 45 Issue 46, p9
Features the minivan to be launched by General Motors Corp. in 1997. Change from plastic to sheetmetal for the body; Changes in the specification from the 1995 model; Engine to be used.
- California dreamin'? Test in west lifts Olds. Rechtin, Mark // Automotive News;8/18/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5727, p24
Focuses on the attempts to improve the market sales of Oldsmobile cars. The focus on the perception of the car in California; The targeting of California buyers; Sales initiatives, product clinics and market research in California; Efforts to build a different image; Comments by Tom Jarvis,...
- Calif. briefly closes 3 GM dealers as penalty for reselling lemons. Rechtin, Mark // Automotive News;12/5/1994, Vol. 69 Issue 5581, p6
Reports that three General Motors automobile dealers in California were temporarily closed due to reselling of lemon vehicles without the knowledge of customers. Pursuit of lemon vehicles sales cases against Chrysler Corporation.
- Brand gurus' success is GM litmus test. Child, Charles // Automotive News;1/29/96, Vol. 70 Issue 5643, p1
Reports on General Motors' (GM) move to hire brand managers from outside industries, as part of the changes resulting from Jack Smith's takeover of the chairmanship after John Smale. Background on Smale; Smale's effort to reinvigorate marketing at the company during his tenure; Mixed reaction to...
- Buys more than doubled. Nicholson, Joe // Editor & Publisher;06/19/2000, Vol. 133 Issue 25, p50
Reports that General Motors Corp. hiked the newspaper share of its ad spending from 9.4% in 1998 to 19.9% in 1999. Decline of television and radio advertising share; Increase in the frequency of newspaper advertising; Measures to further boost its share.