Causes and Effects
- Leveraging the Power of the Private Sector to Fight Child Labor. Molano, Diego // Foreign Policy;Sep/Oct2010, Issue 181, Special Section p22
The article reports on the efforts of FundaciÃ³n TelefÃ³nica to prevent and eradicate child labor in Latin America through its ProniÃ±o program. Described as the biggest social initiative by a private company in the region, ProniÃ±o has developed an inclusive pedagogic model geared...
- Childhood Denied. Toursunof, Hamid // Transitions Online;8/4/2008, p1
The article reports that Kyrgyzstan authorities are unable to cope with the problem of child labor in the country, a phenomenon which emerged once independence cut off the flow of funds from the Soviet Union. The trade union Mol Bulak's center for working children is trying to suppress child...
- Chipping away at child labor. Fleck, Fiona; Gaouette, Nicole; Bokhari, Farhan // Christian Science Monitor;6/23/99, Vol. 91 Issue 145, p1
Reports on the convention adopted in June 1999 by the International Labor Organization (ILO), which will ban the worst forms of child labor around the world. Child labor including slavery, sexual exploitation, and heavy manual labor; Response to the convention by the Save the Children...
- Abstracts. Wright, Merridy // Youth Studies Australia;Spring1994, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p60
Presents an abstract of the paper `Understanding change in youth labour markets: A conceptual framework,' by David Ashton. Indication of the direction in which youth labour markets are moving in the 1990s; Identification of a number of forces of change operating on the labour markets; Role of...
- Young children. Hanson, Cynthia; McLaughlin, Abraham T. // Christian Science Monitor;11/16/95, Vol. 87 Issue 247, p2
Informs about the child labor around the world as surveyed by the US Labor Department.
- Observe the Season of Conscience against child labor. // Network News;Summer98, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p25
Focuses on the observance of the 1998 Holiday Season of Conscience against child labor. Activities; Materials; Contact information.
- Lost childhood. // Current Events;9/02/96, Vol. 96 Issue 1, p2a
Focuses on the social and economic conditions of child laborers worldwide. Child labor conditions in third world countries; Estimated number of child laborers worldwide; Involvement of Kathie Lee Gifford; Legislation in the United States aimed at curbing child labor; Encouragement to end the...
- Child Labor. // Monthly Labor Review;May98, Vol. 121 Issue 5, p42
Focuses on a National Bureau of Economic Research working paper on illegal child labor in the United States. Utilization of statistical surveys by authors Douglas Kruse and Douglas Mahony.
- Child labor. Price, Sean // Junior Scholastic;2/10/95, Vol. 97 Issue 12, p4
Discusses issues concerning child labor. Experiences of Iqbal Masih, a child laborer in Pakistan; Exploitation as the major problem; History; Health concerns; Solutions to child-labor abuse.