Examining asthma quality of care using a population-based approach
- Asthma Care in Canada. Voelker, Rebecca // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;6/14/2000, Vol. 283 Issue 22, p2923
Reports that a large percentage of Canadians with asthma do not receive proper medical care or treatment. Research from the University of Toronto on asthmatics; Statistics of asthma sufferers; Canadian standards for treatment.
- Deaths from asthma are rare during pregnancy, but the seriousness of the condition can be overlooked with potentially fatal results. Hill, Phil // Emergency Nurse;Nov2003, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p24
Deals with asthma in adults and examines the complications that cause death. Causes of asthma; Asthma attack classifications; Causes of asthma; Analysis of the emergency care given to a pregnant patient experiencing acute asthma.
- Allergy advice beneficial in asthma. // Pulse;10/14/2009, Vol. 69 Issue 32, p11
The article reports the findings of the study on the benefits of allergy advice to asthmatics, led by Carol Bobb of St. George's Hospital School in Tooting, south London, England. The study found out that allergy advice is an essential way of to improve lung function of patients with asthma....
- Simple test helps patients identify poorly controlled asthma. // Geriatrics;Sept96, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p15
Offers a look at the `Life Quality' (LQ) test for asthma patients intended to help patients to have a better recognize signs of poorly controlled asthma and its impact on their lives. Treatment plan of the LQ test; Features of the LQ test; How to obtain American College of Allergy, Asthma and...
- The "perfect storm" for asthma hits in September. // Filipino Post;9/2/2010, p5
The article provides information on the September spike or the annual surge of asthma-related hospitalization as well as preventative steps that parents of asthmatic children may adopt that include regular handwashing and monitoring.
- Breathing lessons. Hill, David // Education Week;03/26/97, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p23
Reports on the contributions of Hartford Heights Elementary School in the care of asthmatic children in Baltimore, Maryland. Poverty in some neighborhoods in the city; Provision of free nebulizer services; Prevalence of asthma in Baltimore.
- Level Control of Asthma Patients in Chest Specialist Clinics. Al Busaidi, Nasser; Al Mukhaini, Suad // Oman Medical Journal;Jul2009, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p195
Objectives: This survey aims to assess the current levels of asthma control as reported by patients attending chest specialist clinic by using the Asthma Control Test (ACT) questionnaire. Methods: Current levels of asthma control were assessed using the ACT questionnaire, and a brief instrument...
- Identifying and managing patients with asthma and allergy. Gasbarro, Ron // Drug Topics;4/2/2001, Vol. 145 Issue 7, p68
Explains the medical ways to identify and manage patients with asthma and respiratory allergy. Pathophysiology of asthma and respiratory allergy; Information on the different treatment approach for the two respiratory diseases; List of drugs suitable for asthma and respiratory allergy.
- Asthma outcomes and costs stagnate in the US. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;Dec2013, Issue 693, p4
The article reports on the results of a study which found no improvement in asthma outcomes despite overall medical costs for asthma over 10-year period in the U.S.