Effect of regulatory warnings on antidepressant prescription rates, use of health services and outcomes among children, adolescents and young adults
- Bupropion modified/extended release: a guide to its use in major depressive disorder. // Drugs & Therapy Perspectives;Jan2009, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p1
The article focuses on the release of the modified bupropion for use in major depressive disorder. Bupropion XR is a second-generation antidepressant with a more convenient new once-daily formulation for the treatment of major depressive disorder. Clinical trials revealed that the drug was...
- Prescribing Antidepressants: Writing a Prescription is the Easiest Part. Boylan, Khrista // Journal of the Canadian Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry;Winter2016, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including usage of antidepressants which is based on the evidence of Canadian Agency for Drugs, and the use of non-pharmacologic treatments for youth depression.
- Are SSRIs and TCAs equally effective for the treatment of panic disorder? Brokaw, Deborah K. // Journal of Family Practice;Mar2002, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p279
The article discusses research being done on the use of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI) and tricyclic antidepressants (TCA) to treat panic disorder. It references a study by M. W. Otto et al published in a 2001 issue of the "American Journal of Psychiatry." SSRI is frequently used...
- Prepadine. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p450
This article presents information on prepadine, a proprietary, prescription-only preparation of the tricyclic antidepressant dosulepin hydrochloride. The drug can be used to treat depressive illness, especially in cases where some degree of sedation is deemed necessary. It is available as...
- Â¿Depende la respuesta a los antidepresivos tricÃclicos del sexo? Wohlfarth, Tamar; Storosum, Jitschak G.; Elferink, André J.A.; van Zwieten, Barbara J.; Fouwels, Annemarie; van den Brink, Wim // American Journal of Psychiatry - EdiciÃ³n EspaÃ±ola;May2004, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p314
No abstract available.
- WARFARIN AND ANTIDEPRESSANTS: Happiness without Hemorrhaging. Sansone, Randy A.; Sanson, Lori A. // Psychiatry (1550-5952);Jul2009, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p24
Warfarin, a commonly prescribed anticoagulant, has a very narrow therapeutic index. Because a multitude of drugs may potentially alter warfarin levels, primarily through the cytochrome P-450 isoenzyme system, in this edition of The Interface, we explore drug interactions between warfarin and the...
- El papel de la serendipia en el descubrimiento de los efectos clÃnicos de los psicofÃ¡rmacos: mÃ¡s allÃ¡del mito. López-Muñoz, Francisco; Baumeister, Alan A.; Hawkins, Mike F.; Álamo, Cecilio // Actas Espanolas de Psiquiatria;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p34
The serendipity is the faculty for making a discovery through a combination of accident and sagacity. In psychopharmacology, the serendipity played a key role in the discovery of many psychotropic drugs, although there are marked disputes in this regard, possibly due to semantic differences in...
- Drugs To Treat Depression. // Journal of Psychosocial Nursing & Mental Health Services;Jul2013, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p9
No abstract available.
- Pharmacologic Treatment of Psychotic Depression. Kripke, Clarissa // American Family Physician;6/1/2006, Vol. 73 Issue 11, p1935
The article discusses a study which suggested a treatment for depression with psychotic features. An antidepressant such as imipramine or sertraline was recommended for treating psychotic depression. Details of how the study was conducted are given. Importantly, this article states the...