Chronic contained rupture of an abdominal aortic aneurysm with vertebral erosion
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. Ouriel, Kenneth // New England Journal of Medicine;5/9/2002, Vol. 346 Issue 19, p1467
Presents the clinical case of a 70-year-old man with an abdominal aortic aneurysm. Patient history, including his treatment with an aortic endograft; Images from a computed tomographic scan of the abdomen; Replacement of the endograft; Recovery of the patient.
- Regression of Inflammatory Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm after Endoluminal Treatment with Bare-Metal Wallstent Endoprostheses. Villareal, Rollo P.; Howell, Marcus H.; Krajcer, Zvonimir // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2000, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p146
Presents a case study of a patient with inflammatory abdominal aortic aneurysm who was treated with bare-metal Wallstent endoprostheses. Overview of the case; Details on the interventional procedure performed; Discussion and conclusion.
- Tuberculous Pseudoaneurysm of the Descending Thoracic Aorta. Golzarian, Javad; Jie Cheng; Giron, Fabio; Bilfinger, Thomas V. // Texas Heart Institute Journal;1999, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p232
Focuses on a case study on tuberculous pseudoaneurysm of the aorta. Information on the patient's condition; Discussion on the pathogenesis and complications of tuberculosis of the aorta; Conclusion.
- Aortic bypass: trimming the postop risks. Jasinkowski, Nancy L. // RN;Jun83, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p41
Presents a case study of an emergency bypass operation of a patient with aortic aneurysm. Health condition of the patient; Information on the nursing care given; Assessment of the patient for complications. INSETS: SENSING STRANGLED PULSES WITH THE DOPPLER;ANEURYSMS: DEADLY DILATION;SPOTTING A...
- Conservative management of chronic aortic dissection with underlying aortic aneurysm. Beebeejaun, Mohammad Yusuf; Malec, Aleksandra; Gupta, Ravi // Heart International;Jan2013, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p15
Aortic dissection is one of the most common aortic emergencies affecting around 2000 Americans each year. It usually presents in the acute state but in a small percentage of patients aortic dissections go unnoticed and these patients survive without any adequate therapy. With recent advances in...
- Endovascular repair of a type B aortic dissection with a right-sided aortic arch: case report. Weimin Zhou // Journal of Cardiothoracic Surgery;2013, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p1
Right-sided aortic arch is a rare anomaly, and aortic dissection involving a right-sided aortic arch is extremely rare. We report the case of a 65-year-old man with a right-sided aortic arch and a right descending aortic dissection and a stent-graft was accurately deployed without perioperative...
- Late Conversion After Sac Anchoring Endoprosthesis for Secondary Aortic Aneurysm Infection. Tolenaar, Jip L.; van den Ham, Leo H.; Reijnen, Michel M. P. J.; de Vries, Jean-Paul P. M. // Journal of Endovascular Therapy (Sage Publications Inc.);Oct2015, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p813
Purpose:To demonstrate explantation of the Nellix Endovascular Aneurysm Sealing (EVAS) System in the setting of infection. Case Reports:Two male patients, 71 and 83 years old, underwent Nellix implantation for asymptomatic infrarenal aortic aneurysms measuring 5.1 and...
- Technical and Clinical Outcome of Talent versus Endurant Endografts for Endovascular Aortic Aneurysm Repair. Mensel, Birger; Kühn, Jens-Peter; Träger, Tobias; Dührkoop, Martin; Bernstorff, Wolfram V.; Rosenberg, Christian; Hoene, Andreas; Puls, Ralf // PLoS ONE;Jun2012, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p1
Objective: The technical evolution of endografts for the interventional management of infrarenal abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAA) has allowed a continuous expansion of indications. This study compares the established Talent endograft with its successor, the Endurant endograft, taking individual...
- Radiation dose in helical CT for detection of pulmonary embolism. Diederich, S. // European Radiology;Jul2003, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p1491
Focuses on the radiation exposure of helical computed tomography (CT) for detection of pulmonary embolism compared with pulmonary angiography. Usefulness of CT for the diagnosis of pulmonary emboli by direct demonstration of emboli within the pulmonary arteries; Demonstration by initial scan...