Chronic contained rupture of an abdominal aortic aneurysm with vertebral erosion
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. Ouriel, Kenneth // New England Journal of Medicine;5/9/2002, Vol. 346 Issue 19, p1467
Presents the clinical case of a 70-year-old man with an abdominal aortic aneurysm. Patient history, including his treatment with an aortic endograft; Images from a computed tomographic scan of the abdomen; Replacement of the endograft; Recovery of the patient.
- Regression of Inflammatory Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm after Endoluminal Treatment with Bare-Metal Wallstent Endoprostheses. Villareal, Rollo P.; Howell, Marcus H.; Krajcer, Zvonimir // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2000, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p146
Presents a case study of a patient with inflammatory abdominal aortic aneurysm who was treated with bare-metal Wallstent endoprostheses. Overview of the case; Details on the interventional procedure performed; Discussion and conclusion.
- Tuberculous Pseudoaneurysm of the Descending Thoracic Aorta. Golzarian, Javad; Jie Cheng; Giron, Fabio; Bilfinger, Thomas V. // Texas Heart Institute Journal;1999, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p232
Focuses on a case study on tuberculous pseudoaneurysm of the aorta. Information on the patient's condition; Discussion on the pathogenesis and complications of tuberculosis of the aorta; Conclusion.
- Aortic bypass: trimming the postop risks. Jasinkowski, Nancy L. // RN;Jun83, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p41
Presents a case study of an emergency bypass operation of a patient with aortic aneurysm. Health condition of the patient; Information on the nursing care given; Assessment of the patient for complications. INSETS: SENSING STRANGLED PULSES WITH THE DOPPLER;ANEURYSMS: DEADLY DILATION;SPOTTING A...
- Conservative management of chronic aortic dissection with underlying aortic aneurysm. Beebeejaun, Mohammad Yusuf; Malec, Aleksandra; Gupta, Ravi // Heart International;Jan2013, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p15
Aortic dissection is one of the most common aortic emergencies affecting around 2000 Americans each year. It usually presents in the acute state but in a small percentage of patients aortic dissections go unnoticed and these patients survive without any adequate therapy. With recent advances in...
- Endovascular repair of a type B aortic dissection with a right-sided aortic arch: case report. Weimin Zhou // Journal of Cardiothoracic Surgery;2013, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p1
Right-sided aortic arch is a rare anomaly, and aortic dissection involving a right-sided aortic arch is extremely rare. We report the case of a 65-year-old man with a right-sided aortic arch and a right descending aortic dissection and a stent-graft was accurately deployed without perioperative...
- Late Conversion After Sac Anchoring Endoprosthesis for Secondary Aortic Aneurysm Infection. Tolenaar, Jip L.; van den Ham, Leo H.; Reijnen, Michel M. P. J.; de Vries, Jean-Paul P. M. // Journal of Endovascular Therapy (Sage Publications Inc.);Oct2015, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p813
Purpose:To demonstrate explantation of the Nellix Endovascular Aneurysm Sealing (EVAS) System in the setting of infection. Case Reports:Two male patients, 71 and 83 years old, underwent Nellix implantation for asymptomatic infrarenal aortic aneurysms measuring 5.1 and...
- Technical and Clinical Outcome of Talent versus Endurant Endografts for Endovascular Aortic Aneurysm Repair. Mensel, Birger; Kühn, Jens-Peter; Träger, Tobias; Dührkoop, Martin; Bernstorff, Wolfram V.; Rosenberg, Christian; Hoene, Andreas; Puls, Ralf // PLoS ONE;Jun2012, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p1
Objective: The technical evolution of endografts for the interventional management of infrarenal abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAA) has allowed a continuous expansion of indications. This study compares the established Talent endograft with its successor, the Endurant endograft, taking individual...
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. Al-Omran, Mohammed; Aljabri, Badr // New England Journal of Medicine;5/7/2009, Vol. 360 Issue 19, p2004
The article discusses the case of a 76 year old man who presented with mild back pain of two weeks' duration. He had been diagnosed with an abdominal aortic aneurysm three years earlier but had declined surgical intervention. A large common iliac artery and a large infrarenal abdominal aortic...