News @ a glance
- Recent news from WHO. // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;Jan2010, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p12
The article offers world news briefs from the World Health Organization (WHO). In 2008, according to a WHO report, less than 6 percent of the global population lived within jurisdictions with public-area, smoke-free laws. Tuberculosis (TB) incidence data are reported along with estimates of...
- Comment. Huey-Ming Tzeng; Chang-Yi Yin // Nursing Ethics;May2006, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p219
The article comments on the likelihood of an avian H5N1 flu pandemic. According to world health experts, this could occur only if the flu strain acquires the ability to spread from person to person. The concern on the possibility of an outbreak of H5N1 has created a global panic. The possible...
- The Role of the General Practitioner in Detection and Control of Tuberculosis. Valeria, Ács; Simona, Ianosi Edith // Acta Medica Marisiensis;2012, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p485
In Romania, the detection, diagnosis, treatment and prophylaxis of tuberculosis (TB) is being preformed according to the "National Strategy for TB Control 2007-2011", part of the National Program for the Control of TB 2007-2011 that has been approved by Government Decree. The program has been...
- Hillside Health Care Clinic: A Rural Belize International Preceptorship. Nicholson, Jeffrey G. // Journal of Physician Assistant Education (Physician Assistant Ed;2007, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p64
The article focuses on the Belize Hillside Health Care International (HHCI), which aims to improve the medical care, health education and community outreach in Belize. It is stated that HHCI provides training for medical, nursing and Physician Assistant (PA) students to better understand their...
- WHO to create international human resources database on health care. Dobson, Roger // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/10/2003, Vol. 326 Issue 7397, p1004
Reports that the World Health Organization (WHO) plans to creating an international human resources database on health care. The need for more physicians in regions including Africa.
- Universityâ€™s work to save lives in sub-Saharan Africa supported by global health body. // Operating Theatre Journal;Dec2014, Issue 291, p6
No abstract available.
- Primary care clinic takes a team approach. // Hospital Home Health;Jun2010, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p68
The article presents information about the tactics implemented by the physicians and nurses of Swedish Community Health Medical Home in Sweden to provide better medical facilities to the patients.
- Looking again at role revision. Doherty, Laura // Nursing Management - UK;Mar2010, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p6
The article discusses a report which found that nurses can provide the same health care as doctors. The study was conducted in both the U.S. and England and showed how the skill set of nurses can supplement and even replace, in some cases, the services doctors provide. In Great Britain, the...
- IN BRIEF. // BMJ: British Medical Journal;5/31/2014, Vol. 348 Issue 7960, p4
This section offers medical news briefs in Great Britain, including the rule of the European Court of Human Rights that a German court was correct not to extradite Daniel Ubani, a locum physician, after giving a patient a lethal dose of the drug diamorphine, the warning given by Public Health...