Mastering The Mobile Ticket
- Ticketmaster Site Gets Back To Basics. Haar, Steven Vonder // Inter@ctive Week;12/06/99, Vol. 6 Issue 50, p22
Focuses on the decision made by Ticketmaster Online-City Search to revamp its Ticketmaster.com site. Features of the site that has been removed; Mission of the company in offering added features on its site; Opportunity offered by the market to Ticketmaster.
- Online Merchandise: That's The Ticket. Haar, Steven Vonder // Inter@ctive Week;11/15/99, Vol. 6 Issue 47, p18
Focuses on the marketing strategy of Ticketmaster Online-CitySearch company. Plans to sell entertainment-related merchandise to consumers who visit the site to buy tickets; Purpose of the strategy; Partnership with Alliance Entertainment company; Idea behind Ticketmaster's strategy.
- Focus On: Just the ticket. Haar, Steven Vonder // Inter@ctive Week;08/30/99, Vol. 6 Issue 35, p36
Focuses on the decision of Ticketmaster Online-CitySearch to use consumer profiles and blend it with its own internal database to form a clearer picture of both demographics. Implication of the emergence of consumer profiling; Approach taken by the company in using the information.
- From Cobol programmer to e-commerce expert. Radosevich, Lynda // InfoWorld;09/13/99, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p122
Features Will Layton, a former Cobol programmer and vice president of the Internet and information systems at Ticketmaster Online-CitySearch company. Layton's career development; Achievements.
- Fla. Suit: Ticketmaster Misused Numbers. Kuykendall, Lavonne // American Banker;1/5/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on the class action lawsuit filed against Ticketmaster Online-Citysearch for allegations that the online firm charged customers for fee services they had not specifically requested. Comparison of the lawsuit with the suits filed against Providian Financial Corp.; Concerns about how...
- Sites pact to offer pic tix via wireless. Donahue, Ann // Daily Variety;05/22/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 56, p4
Reports that Hollywood.com and Ticketmaster OnlineCitySearch will begin purveying tickets for events via wireless services in the United States. Teamup of Hollywood.com and AT&T Wireless Services; Provision of AT&T Digital PocketNet Services.
- TICKETMASTER TAPS A TEAM. Graser, Marc // Daily Variety;05/16/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 52, p10
Reports on executive movements at United States-based Ticketmaster Online-CitySearch as of May 16, 2000. Names of executives promoted.
- Microsoft Sells City Guides. // ColoradoBiz;Sep99, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p26
Reports the sale of Microsoft Corp.'s Sidewalk sites' entertainments guides to Ticketmaster Online-CitySearch. Condition under the deal; Implication of the sale; Remarks from Charles Conn, chief executive officer of CitySearch.
- CitySearch Livin' La Vida Local. Cheng, Kipp // Brandweek;07/26/99, Vol. 40 Issue 30, p46
Reports on Microsoft's sell off of its Sidewalk.com franchise of local Web sites in major markets to Ticketmaster Online-CitySearch (TMCS). Background on TCMS; Benefit of the deal; Elaboration on Microsoft's decision to give up Sidewalk; Various comments on the matter.