Despite Setbacks, Gabelli Still Bullish
- Brandywine's ratings slip, as Gabelli comes back in style. Regnier, Pat // Money;Mar98, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p43
Discusses the investment practices of celebrity fund managers Mario Gabelli of Gabelli Asset and Foster Friess of Brandywine. The performance of their funds; Gabelli's rebound stemming from his contrarian investing style; The impact of the Asian financial crisis on Friess' technology stocks;...
- GABELLI ASSET. Carter, Adrienne // Money;
Presents a profile of the Gabelli Asset fund, managed by Mario Gabelli. Description of the fund; Strategy of Gabelli; Stocks which the fund invests in.
- Gabelli unveils five-year plan. // Crain's New York Business;04/26/99, Vol. 15 Issue 17, p26
Reports on the plan of New York City-based Gabelli Asset Management Inc. to launch mutual funds and hire more portfolio managers. Financial performance in 1998; Remarks by chief executive Mario J. Gabelli on the firm's operations; Total value of mutual funds managed; Refocusing of sales strategies.
- Cash, Not Earnings, Makes the Grade for Some Managers. Burke, Kevin // Money Management Executive;7/14/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 27, p4
Highlights the 2003 Morningstar Investment Conference in Chicago, Illinois, where the mutual fund industry's top stockpickers discussed their investment strategies. Issues facing the mutual fund industry; Defense made by fund skipper Mario Gabelli on the quality of corporate management in the U.S.
- Mr. Media. Serwer, Andrew; Kirwan, Roberta // Money;Oct98, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p124
Highlights Mario Gabelli, president of Gabelli Funds, as one of the world's greatest investors, according to `Money' magazine. His award of Morningstar's 1997 fund manager of the year; Comments from Gabelli; His favorite holding Viacom, as of September 1998; His suggestion that he still sees...
- For Gabelli, content is king. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;05/17/99, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p22
Focuses on the investment strategies of Mario Gabelli for electronic mass media companies in the United States. Gabelli's emphasis on investing in companies that provide Web site content; Examples of his investment portfolio.
- Feds to take over Gabelli fraud suit. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;3/9/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 50, p33
The article reports that the U.S. Justice Department will pursue civil fraud claims against Mario Gabelli, a fund manager. The government would take over a private lawsuit alleging that Gabelli schemed to deceive the Federal Communications Commission in auctions of cellphone spectrum. Gabelli...
- The Ledger. Washington, Laura // Money;Feb1999, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p40
Takes a look at some winners and losers in the field of finance in the United States as of early 1999. Mario Gabelli's second try to take Gabelli Asset Management public; Plans by Phoenix Investment to buy the Zweig Group's retail and closed-end mutual fund business; Patrick Arbor's loss for a...
- SOME COACHING FROM THE PROS. // Money;Dec2000, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p138
Presents advice from six investment advisers. Topics including patience with market downturns, overpricing of big growth stocks, and caution in investing; Mario Gabelli, Jean Marie Eveillard, Susan Byrne, Martin Whitman, John Neff, and Foster Friess.