Attack On Tax Is Back
- GOP House leaders push tax-cut bill; archer gives few muni details. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;07/02/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30675, p5
Reports that the United States House Republican leaders have launched a drive for an $800 billion tax-cut bill in the United States. Rebate exemptions; Changes in the alternative minimum tax.
- House approves 10-year tax-cut plan; includes volume-cap hike. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;08/06/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30699, p5
Reports on the United States House of Representatives' approval of a ten-year tax-cut plan. Increase of the private-activity bond volume cap; Phase out of the individual alternative minimum tax; Easing of arbitrage restrictions for school bonds.
- House vote supports death-tax repeal. // National Petroleum News;Nov2002, Vol. 94 Issue 12, p12
Reports on the U.S. House's voting to support the permanent repeal of the death tax. Inclusion of the phaseout of the death tax in the tax-relief package enacted in 2001; Description of the `sunset' provision in the law which automatically reinstates the death tax in 2011.
- Insurance Issues At Stake In Budget Battle. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;10/30/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 44, p46
Deals with the summary of the tax provisions under the United States (U.S.) tax and budget agreement, developed by the House Republican leadership. Raise on the limit for 401(K) plan contributions; Information on the tax deduction of individuals who do not have employer-provided long-term care...
- Senate green-lights tax-extenders measure. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;11/01/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30759, p42
Reports on the extension of several expiring tax provisions in the United States. Approval from the US House Ways and Means Committee.
- Ways & Means Committee Approves Bill To Raise Private-Activity Cap. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;09/18/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30481, p6
Reports that the United States House of Representatives Ways and Means Committee has passed a tax-cut bill. Increase in the private-activity volume cap; Extension of the arbitrage spend-down provision for school construction from two years to four years; Spending targets for the provision.
- The House Ways and Means Committee. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;6/7/95, Vol. 87 Issue 134, p2
Informs that the House Ways and Means Committee is to start three days of hearings on replacing the federal income tax with a national sales tax.
- Reform Hopes Fade Again. Franz, Neil // Chemical Week;3/29/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 13, p17
Reports that hopes for a United States (US) House vote on Superfund reform have vanished. Republican who continued to object proposals by the US House Democrats that would reinstate Superfund taxes; Condition cited by many Democrats in accepting some Superfund liability reform provisions; Why...
- Stock tax foes find 20 'no' votes. Brush, Silla // Hill;12/8/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 144, p12
The article reports on the move by the members of the U.S. House Democrats to garner votes from their colleagues to oppose the new tax on stock transactions.