Positioning To Offer Location Services
- American Tower, U.S. Wireless ink collocation deal. // RCR;05/22/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p23
Reports on the strategic alliance between American Tower Corp. and US Wireless Corp. to accelerate the deployment of a wireless location network that will provide users with E911 caller location assistance.
- Locating Emergency Callers. // Wireless Week;09/25/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 39, p30
Features the alliance between Hewlett-Packard Co. and U.S. Wireless Corp. aimed at creating network and data centers for U.S Wireless' planned wireless location network. Advantages of the network and data centers.
- U.S. Wireless to add location to Geoworks platform. // RCR Wireless News;11/20/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 47, p10
Reports on the marketing alliance between United States telecommunication companies Geoworks Corp. and U.S. Wireless Corp.
- U.S. Wireless puts pedal to E911 metal. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;06/05/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 23, p308
Deals with the E911 location information platform, the network-based solution being built by U.S. Wireless to help wireless communications carriers meet the E911 mandate of the United States Federal Communications Commission. Reasons behind its agreement with American Tower; Details on the...
- Briefly. // Telephony;09/25/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 13, p80
Presents update on the wireless sector of the telecommunications industry of the United States as of September 25, 2000. Strategic business alliance between Hewlett-Packard and U.S. Wireless; Personal communications system service launched by VoiceStream Wireless in New York and New Jersey.
- HP, U.S. Wireless join in alliance on location network. // RCR Wireless News;9/25/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p76
Reports the strategic alliance between Hewlett-Packard Co. and U.S. Wireless Corp. to create network operating and data processing centers in Palo Alto, California.
- AMERICAN TOWER ASSET BUY A BACK-TO-BACK BASICS STRATEGY. Luna, Lynette // Telephony;12/16/2002, Vol. 243 Issue 18, p17
Reports on the reinvestment of American Tower to acquire towers from NII Holdings in Mexico. Addition of initial management and rental revenue; Increase in the tower portfolio of American Tower; Benefits of the transaction.
- American Tower to buy Teleport. // RCR;06/28/99, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p27
Reports on American Tower Corp.'s signing of an agreement to acquire the Dallas/Fort Worth Teleport full-service satellite telecommunications facility in Irving, Texas.
- American Tower revenues to exceed expectations, earnings may fall short. // RCR Wireless News;1/8/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p7
Highlights the projected revenue of telecommunication firm American Tower Corp. in the fourth quarter of 2000.