- It's Not Easy Being Green. Rockhold, John // Wireless Review;11/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p30
Focuses on the environmental challenges faced by providers of wireless telecommunication services in the United States. Details on the environmental effort launched by US Unwired; Environmental effects of NiCd batteries from cellular phones; Benefits of engaging in environmental friendly...
- US unwired launches Texas markets. // RCR;01/31/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p16
Reports that US Unwired Inc. has introduced its wireless communication services in Texas.
- US Unwired to use CommWorks data access technology. // RCR Wireless News;3/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p64
Reports on the use of the wireless data access technology of CommWorks Corp. by US Unwired Inc. to deliver the Sprint PCS Wireless Web to customers in the United States.
- US Unwired Picks E911 Solution. // Wireless Week;12/04/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 48, p26
Announces the decision of US Unwired Inc. to use the wireless enhanced 911 solution of GTE Telecommunication Services Inc. Technologies being used by US Unwired for INPosition location-base service.
- US Unwired cashes in cellular assets. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;9/22/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 38, p12
Deals with the disinvestment of the cellular assets of U.S. Unwired Inc. in September 2003. Sale of its cellular network in Lake Charles, Louisiana to Cingular Wireless LLC; Benefits of the move to U.S. Unwired; Assessment of market analysts on the business condition of Cingular.
- US Unwired adds Georgia PCS to fold. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;2/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p14
Discusses smaller deals among major wireless companies and carrier affiliates. Deal between Sprint PCS Network Partner US Unwired Inc. and Georgia PCS Management PCS L.L.C.; Other carrier affiliates acquired by US Unwired; Information on US Unwired's deal for Georgia PCS.
- Rural Carriers Stage A Comeback. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;8/19/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 31, p53
Presents an update on some rural wireless carriers in the U.S. as of August 19, 2002. Estimated number of customers US Unwired added; Number of new subscribers that Alamosa hopes to add in 2002; Decline in Rural Cellular Corporation's churn rate.
- PACKETS. // Wireless Week;12/3/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 48, p8
Presents news briefs on wireless communication companies in the United States as of December 3, 2001. Move of AT&T Wireless to discontinue a service that enabled customers to sign up for wireless text alerts; Number of Palm Vx handhelds to be given by PCIA to the American Red Cross; Upgrade on...
- US Unwired chooses E911 solution from GTE TSI. // RCR Wireless News;12/4/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 49, p38
Reports on U.S. Unwired Inc.'s selection of GTE Telecommunications Services Inc.'s Phase I 911 wireless emergency communication solution for its close to five million subscribers across the United States.